post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hes taken quite a few bites superior to the tail. The convict in the second pic is definitely the dominant fish.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453064392.204105.jpg

My firemouths are camera shy. I have three as of right now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The 3rd pic is flowing, Kevin.
The 75 looks like a good idea. I've heard of convicts housed with some less than hospitable fish. Garfy has rabid Convict experience. Could be dependant on the JDs temperament.
What kind of camera are you using?

Not sure what you mean that "3rd pic is flowing" But anyway, the darker convict is the dominant fish. Using a Nikon camera.

Kevin,
Just letting you know its a high quality picture.
Looking at your tank again, are you sure its 37g? What are the dimensions? It kinda looks like a 20tall.

My 75gl peacock/hap tank

17b939d9a61fdd527c7c1c76c58aa550.jpg

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Yeah I actually got him after it was suggested on here to help keep my guppy population down. I absolutely love him (even if he isn't quite doing his job lol) and wish I could get another but I have two plecos and bunch of guppies in there, so don't want to overload. Once I get a new place I plan on setting up my 75 again, moving the guppies, getting some tetras (for the first time ever!) and maybe getting him a buddy if that's possible.

I have 4 oscars 1 flowerhorn 2 jackdempseys 1 mbuna 1 Texas cichlid 1 red terror 1 green terror 1 bichir 1 redearslider turtle 3 common plecos 1 bristlenose pleco 1 parrot cichlid. And a few more

CICHLID K33PER

Kevin,
Just letting you know its a high quality picture.
Looking at your tank again, are you sure its 37g? What are the dimensions? It kinda looks like a 20tall.

Sorry, been pretty busy with work. Thanks for the comments. As to the tank, tank, I'm sure. It might be distortion of the image as it was a wide angle lens. It's a Top Fin 37. 30x12 by 22" high. Just did a 17 gallon water change today that brought it down to about 1/2 level.

Still too small though. I am looking for a 75 although I am not sure it will stop the incessant chasing. I bought all males as I didn't want to deal with fry. I will likely rehome 3 of them and opt for a couple other CA's.

kevin

http://s328.photobucket.com/upload

My 'afro' cichlid tank, with a frontosa '?' and a electric yellow cichlid.

It is a Ram's Horn Snail, not a "snake." They usually come into a tank with plants. You can smash them before they start rapidly reproducing, and the fish will eat them.

Not sure if i have posted my tank here or not. But this is my current tank.

Stocking is:
Leluepi
Cobalt blue
Krib
Peppermint bristlenose
Synodontis catfish (small breed)

All are small juveniles and get along fine.

Im thinking of re-doing tank as a planted tank. Im currently finding my tank a bit boring.
I seem to be very interested in plants and scaping and small schooling fish etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1459057456455.jpg
    1459057456455.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom