Post your planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3yzytuvy.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your wall tank is amazing. I'm one of those people who like the behind the scenes, equipment side of this setup. Especially the DIY drain and sump.

Thanks.

I like trying different diy stuff. If I could make my own tank I would but I'm far to impatient for that.

I still use off the shelf stuff though. You can see that I still have a fluval 406 sitting next to my sump. That's my backup in case something goes wrong with sump.

I now have to figure out how to isolate the pump's "humming" that radiates through the wall. I have some ideas that I will be trying this weekend.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395925469.888964.jpg here's my tank I'm really trying to have a good variety of rocks and plants!! I got my rock work down and I have an anubias in there!! Any suggestions on what plant I should get next? I reall want a good growing plant that will flourish

My planted 20g long:
A2BbNha.jpg
the broadleaf chain swords in the back right side are getting out of hand. A year ago I could barely keep them alive. I am now trimming multiple runners each week. Some of the leaves are extending above the water line. Might be time to remove them and find something else.

Hey guys I'm new and hope to get better at this, but I started a small betta tank and hope to grow live plants and later place them in my 10 gallon tank if all goes well. I have java fern and amazon sword, I really hope to grow them and have more to plant! Here is a picture of my set up, I started to use the CO2 booster as of yesterday, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. I just want tips and more info so I can do a better job of growing these plants and hopefully be able to make more, thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396136172.021101.jpg

87749-albums13862-picture66146.jpg

Pretty low tech... getting Water Sprite was a terrible idea... started out with one on the left, then a few months later it let off a large plantlet, and now have the mess on the right

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424889160.516254.jpg
Working on a dwarf sag carpet, I have 12 not so dwarf, and 8 smaller sags. I will soon replace once they send off runners! 16 val's, Anubias nana tied to my driftwood closest to the background, and java moss tied to the larger piece of driftwood. And the newest addition is a narrow leaf java fern to the far left. Next step, is to add get a legit co2 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My 29 gallon. Running about 5 months. Debating if I should trim it or just let it jungle!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424914381936.jpg
    1424914381936.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 128
Hi Tiger Terror. Is the red plant in your tank Alternanthera Reineckii?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fluval spec 5. Lots of DHG obviously... Pogostemons hidden around, spiderwood for tree with java fern attached. 2 oto cats, 3 salt n pepper cories and 1 male scalet badis. High light and pressurized CO2. First attempt at a planted tank =)

Attachments

• spec5front.jpg
    spec5front.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 113
  • spec5side.jpg
    spec5side.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 99
  • scarletbadisspec5.jpg
    scarletbadisspec5.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 92
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425033130.717104.jpg
55gal with diy co2 root tabs and jbl ferropol weekly. 2x 54w t5HO both with reflectors on for 6 hours a day ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

Back
Top Bottom