Post your planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[ QUOTE=vvjosh06;2779767]My 60 Gal planted rescape. Got rid of all the fake decorations.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE]

Looks great, but I think it would look better if you have the pieces of wood leaning against each other.:)

My 10 gallon planted tank.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389151516371.jpg
    1389151516371.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 1389151560865.jpg
    1389151560865.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 141
That's a pretty sweet 10gal. What is that growing at the top in the second picture?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a pretty sweet 10gal. What is that growing at the top in the second picture?

On the right is a water sprite. On the left is a hornwort that is now out of the tank. It collected too much debris from the water and just looked messy.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389657662.110596.jpg

Hi fish tank masters i have a 20 long with fluval eco bright LEDs did the whole planted tank with co2 not for me now all the plants are plastic and the tank looks great but I've been thinking Bout throwing a couple of marimo moss balls in there what are your opinions

View attachment 216574

Hi fish tank masters i have a 20 long with fluval eco bright LEDs did the whole planted tank with co2 not for me now all the plants are plastic and the tank looks great but I've been thinking Bout throwing a couple of marimo moss balls in there what are your opinions

Thats a nice looking tank. Love the rock. Moss balls are cool, they absorb excess nutrients in the water. With that being the only live thing in a tank that size I cant vouch for how much it will do but they are still cool to watch grow.

Thats a nice looking tank. Love the rock. Moss balls are cool, they absorb excess nutrients in the water. With that being the only live thing in a tank that size I cant vouch for how much it will do but they are still cool to watch grow.

I was thinking maybe two of them to help soak up the nutrients. I think I may give it a shot next week.

I was thinking maybe two of them to help soak up the nutrients. I think I may give it a shot next week.

Yeah cant hurt. I have had one only for a couple weeks so I cant say how fast they grow. Maybe somone else here can give some input.

Yeah cant hurt. I have had one only for a couple weeks so I cant say how fast they grow. Maybe somone else here can give some input.

Thanks for the quick response! Did it grow at all for you? Are there any requirements for them?

Thanks for the quick response! Did it grow at all for you? Are there any requirements for them?

It hasnt grown yet. The only requirements are good water and some fishies.

I wouldn't suggest it. They usually need fertilizers to survive. Although i think your light is good they usually dont last long without fertizing. But it could be worth a shot.

I wouldn't suggest it. They usually need fertilizers to survive. Although i think your light is good they usually dont last long without fertizing. But it could be worth a shot.

I thought they were pretty much self sufficient ?

The only requirments for a marimo moss ball are water and some light lol. They are the easiest, least demanding plant ever (in fact, it's an algae)

The only requirments for a marimo moss ball are water and some light lol. They are the easiest, least demanding plant ever (in fact, it's an algae)

If it's a form of algae i guess i will have a moss ball soon enough without having to shop for it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom