power out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh, I'm glad that your power came back on carey, and your fish are ok. My wife called me around 9:15 this morning, and said the power just went out. I called my electric company, it said should be back on my 11:30am. I'm impatient about this kind of stuff so I called again around 10am, and it changed to noon.... Then I was talking to some people at work and found out it was a planned outtage, they just didn't let everyone affected know.... what a pain. Thankfully it came back on around 11:15am and when I got home I didn't notice anything different in the tanks :)
I really think I need to invest in a generator some time this year!

Glad it worked out for you. So far everyone seems to have come away from these storms ok. But its def a wake up call

Update on Florida power outages, Tampa electric has 60,000 customers without power. There is no estimated time for power to be restored, I fear I may come home to a tank of dead fish. Luckily I have 75 gallons of total water capacity and only 3 small fish with my CUC. Maybe they will be ok due to the small bioload.

Yep Mr x thats the pump I was looking at for an immediate on hand solution. The generator would be great but it's either that or an ro/di unit and I have had it with trips to the lfs or publix. lol

..let me say if you have other peoples lives on your hands , and you you are not responsable,and are stupid enough not mantain it...fine..if i had to choose between losing a expensive!!! tank or having a fire extinguisher and responsibilty...(that SOME PEOPLE are use too)..thats fine for me.. many people trust me with their lives.. people work with their lives in others' hands everyday..do your neibors smoke in the house?...to bad some cant handle responsability. and you shouldnt, if you dont have too..you may think its unresponsable, but you should have preventative measures to avoid mistakes like you are saying... if i could not have one outside.
(.worst case scenario).... and living in florida -with no hurricane..it should never have to go that far...not everyone can handle responsability.. so at your own discrection.....do not try this at home... (happy?) no...i know...do you have nuke plant clearence? ....s.t.a.r.s=stop,think.ask.respond,succeed.

CARM said:
doogle man what are u saying

Please keep it kid friendly. We know what those mean! ( of course being a teen I'll know anyway).

I also would be interested( if partly reluctant) to know where this is going.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I agree with parts of what you're saying doogle, but if they don't want to have the risk, then what better preventative? I think it's best to let them stick with their decision and not push them to do something they don't want to do.

(And please don't become defensive, because I'm not saying you're wrong, just that everyone has their choice. If you've seen some of my other posts you can probably tell that I'm definitely the peacemaker type. ;) )

Bettababe1011 said:
I agree with parts of what you're saying doogle, but if they don't want to have the risk, then what better preventative? I think it's best to let them stick with their decision and not push them to do something they don't want to do.

(And please don't become defensive, because I'm not saying you're wrong, just that everyone has their choice. If you've seen some of my other posts you can probably tell that I'm definitely the peacemaker type. ;) )

I must agree. Well spoken, Dakota.

just saying i know people are not responsable enough,(like you maybe?) for a situation like this, if it ever went that far...like someone saying... what?.(too late, someone is dead)...... not trying to be a butt, really!, some should NOT listen to me... some will understand the dynamics...it was all hypothetical anyway...

doogle said:
just saying i know people are not responsable enough,(like you maybe?) for a situation like this, if it ever went that far...like someone saying... what?.(too late, someone is dead)...... not trying to be a butt, really!, some should NOT listen to me... some will understand the dynamics...it was all hypothetical anyway...

No, I do get what you're saying. But there are other options to help your fish. I personally wouldn't want to use something that could be a potential fire hazard, and to me, if some one does that, it's just as responsible.

I don't appreciate you being condescending to people. It's not the first time I've seen it with you. I'm sorry, it's just getting on my nerves. Even a peacemaker only can take so much.

bettababe and coyote wildfire...no worries, all is good. i take things too far sometimes(i know), i really try to be a nuetral party, then people take it however they want and make it another issue that(im not trying to go ,and/or common sense will solve, if they thought it thru...i am a independent party 4sure.

doogle said:
bettababe and coyote wildfire...no worries, all is good. i take things too far sometimes(i know), i really try to be a nuetral party, then people take it however they want and make it another issue that(im not trying to go ,and/or common sense will solve, if they thought it thru...i am a independent party 4sure.

Okay.

i could/should have said...dont try this at home(so dont blame me when...)....,it was a preventative turned into a situation that takes responsability(or do something/nothing else)... you dont have to listen.. that is the beauty of this site...i wasnt saying you guys at all. like you, some people know what i am saying(at least a little...lol)... i defend myself just like most people.(or as short as some are with me)..and let it ride, cause there are so many opinions here, we learn everyday, even from me, whether its good or bad you think for yourself..awesome! hope everyone is well and sleeps without hatred tonight..

doogle said:
i could/should have said...dont try this at home(so dont blame me when...)....,it was a preventative turned into a situation that takes responsability(or do something/nothing else)... you dont have to listen.. that is the beauty of this site...i wasnt saying you guys at all. like you, some people know what i am saying(at least a little...lol)... i defend myself just like most people.(or as short as some are with me)..and let it ride, cause there are so many opinions here, we learn everyday, even from me, whether its good or bad you think for yourself..awesome! hope everyone is well and sleeps without hatred tonight..

Yup. I understand what you said. There's no use going on with a subject like this, right? And I may disagree with some things you say, but that would never be a reason for hatred. Sometimes it is good to have these disagreements, because it shows points from either side, which is good. And I must say, good debate, lol! ;)

Back
Top Bottom