power out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha, i should have a disclaimer before i write, lol... thank you for hearing me out.. i do appreciate it! (more than you know) i love this site, although i have issues once and a while, it is great to explain more than talk smack and run... any way thankx again!... it would be a difficult decision on what to do if put in a situation where you could lose your tanks....guess im glad i dont live in a apartment building!(most are glad im not their neighbor..lol) hope all is well for all tank bearing forum members. no hard feelings!.

Yup. No hard feelings. I would get a generator, but with moving and all the tanks I already have, no budget for it! I will have to do something else for power outages. And think of that something BEFORE the outage, hopefully.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I have a generator, but I can't run it if I'm in the hospital with my wife.
P.S. my son Austin was born at 11:44p.m. all is good. The fish are alive for now, I circulated the water as much as I could before leaving for the hospital again.

Congratz On The Baby! glad the fish are alive too.

Thanks everyone, we are still without power unfortunately but everything is good at the hospital!

Heaters draw a lot of power, don't they?

I have a decent UPS for my computer (CyberPower 1500, if you wanted to know) but it will only power my computer for ~35 minutes in a blackout. That's just a computer and a monitor - no speakers, networking equipment, printers, etc.

I doubt it would buy you all that much time with a heater plugged in. I hope you figure out something, though!

car ac plug

I purchased a dc to ac adapter from walmart good enoughto run heater and a power head ..i got it at walmart for 30 dollars its max peak is 400 watts. God enough to run the extention cords and turn the car on for a period of time. Has worked for us when bad snow storms come and power is out for longer then a few hours

austinsdad said:
Hey purevil, no name changes. Already taken. ;)

Darn, what will I do now? Lol, so our power is back, no losses. I also purchased a small air stone made by a company called millionair. It uses d batteries and plugs in the wall, it only comes on if it detects a loss in power from the outlet. So I set that up before I came back to the hospital, just in case the power goes again. I did do a light feeding since the filter was running. While I was home I pulled off the canopy and threw in two air stones so my fish perked up pretty quick. All is good once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, yes I thought it was a pretty cool idea, my lfs was blown away with request for them today. He held the last one for me, given that I am one of his most frequent customers. Go figure, he finally gets a blue spotted puffer and flame hawk in at a time when I can't take them. He is holding the puffer for me, I am way too excited over it. Anyways, I am more excited over the screaming bundle of joy in this photo, lol.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110401_230550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110401_230550.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 105
OH, he reminds me of my three ear old nephew, Gabriel! The light of my life, that Gabe is!

Congrats on your bundle of joy, and have fun with him!

A word of advice that you probably already are painfully aware of, get as much sleep as possible whenever you can! Lol, a thirteen year old giving an adult parenting advice, Heehee!

Bettababe1011 said:
OH, he reminds me of my three ear old nephew, Gabriel! The light of my life, that Gabe is!

Congrats on your bundle of joy, and have fun with him!

A word of advice that you probably already are painfully aware of, get as much sleep as possible whenever you can! Lol, a thirteen year old giving an adult parenting advice, Heehee!

Lol, this is second time around this rodeo. It's all well worth it, my daughter was a breeze, she never woke up at night. I'm hoping that lightning strikes twice.

Lol, better knock on wood! He'll be really bad about it, just to be an ornery little guy! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom