Predators and monsters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that angler is a beast! (in both the literal and complementary sense of the word...)

Thanks for the comments guys..My kids love the angler ,,they are always telling me he's hungry because he's always fishing...LOL..
You can get them just about anywhere you get fish...I got mine from DD...they really aren't rare or anything just not always available ..

Hondatek said:
I don't know if I posted this video right but it's porc chop my puffer when he was little

Hahaha i love that video! Does he still attack his food aggessively?

Yes he is still the same. Loves to eat . Still eats his clams like that . The sand storms he makes now are huge .

Well I got my tiger fish last week and it is doing great. Love the little guy. My daughter named him "the flash" so far he is eating rosey red minnows but once my guppy breeding program takes off he will be eating those. I'll try to post a video link later if I get a chance.

buying a tiger is just dumb, even in a 300 thats like putting a aropima in a 10gallon tank. The real people that are dumb are the pet store owners that import these from africa cause once these are fully grown the only place that has the right equipment to house one of these is a zoo.

bobbedmarly said:
buying a tiger is just dumb, even in a 300 thats like putting a aropima in a 10gallon tank. The real people that are dumb are the pet store owners that import these from africa cause once these are fully grown the only place that has the right equipment to house one of these is a zoo.

Yes you are correct in regards to the Goliath tiger fish, I have a vittatus, they max out at about 30". Yes still a big fish but not such an issue to suitably house. As far as buying a tiger being dumb that is your opinion and your entitled to it, doesn't mean I care to hear it. There are lots people out there providing improper care for their animals but don't point your finger at me. I have and will continue to look after my pets properly and to the best of my ability, if things reach a point that I can't then I will solve the problem with the animals needs as top priority.

sorry not really dumb but more crule since the size and space requirements it is entitled to.... unless your willing to transport it back to africa or a neighbours pool then thats all good. Your care level was never a factor im sure you take excelent care.

Is love to have a tiger. However I livre in an apartment and they limit my tank size to 100 gal. I'm still going to build my 200 and let them think it's a hundred. Currently holding a baby jack demsey and six baby africans in my 55gal. Neither of them mess worth either but if I throw 7 guppies or bettas in there it's like a shark frenzy. I would show pics but my phone won't let me.

Well it's been a while so I figured I'd update. My tiger fish has settled in very nicely and is awesome. I have found it likes bloodworms after a shortage of feeder minnows at the LFS.

All I want to say is that every time I watch river monsters on animal planet I think of this thread lawl. Definitely keep us updated. Put up more pics and vids too :)

Well after a trip to my LFS yesterday I learned he was getting some snakeheads in. After another trip down there today I am so getting a couple. They aren't illegal here and I am not releasing them into the wild. About an hour after he got them he was kind enough to feed them for my and they are savage.

Back
Top Bottom