Predators and monsters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I made it home, snakeheads and tigerfish are all doing well. I am however on the verge of getting rid of the stupid cat after it once again yanked my filter cartridge out on one of my other tanks.

So I just fed the snakeheads some bloodworms and it took them a bit to realize they were food but once they did they went nuts. It was actually really cool to watch them cause they actually hunt the blood worms. They were swimming around the tank looking up and down every plant, it's kinda creepy how intelligent these fish seem to be.

Youre gonna wake up in the middle of the night, and the snakehead is gonna be sitting on your chest looking at you

Lol, even worse, it will find its way into your toilet. Haha what do you plan on feeding the tiger fish once they get much bigger?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol, even worse, it will find its way into your toilet. Haha what do you plan on feeding the tiger fish once they get much bigger?

Ouch!! I'd rather get killed instantly

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Ummm I'm thinking the cat lol. My wife would totally slap me if she knew I said that, I'm actually breeding guppies to feed but once the snakehead grows some ill move into breeding mollies or I already have swordtails. I will also likely catch some minnows from the local pond and QT them and use those as they are pretty big, up to 3 inches.

kdpuffer said:
Ummm I'm thinking the cat lol. My wife would totally slap me if she knew I said that, I'm actually breeding guppies to feed but once the snakehead grows some ill move into breeding mollies or I already have swordtails. I will also likely catch some minnows from the local pond and QT them and use those as they are pretty big, up to 3 inches.

I actually meant to say tigerfish but both will be fed the same thing.

kdpuffer said:
So I just fed the snakeheads some bloodworms and it took them a bit to realize they were food but once they did they went nuts. It was actually really cool to watch them cause they actually hunt the blood worms. They were swimming around the tank looking up and down every plant, it's kinda creepy how intelligent these fish seem to be.

Reminds me of the velocoraptor from Jurassic park. Clever girl lol

They have been doing very well, the snakeheads have settled in nicely and great me every time I enter the room.

Awesome tank! Can't wait to see the tiger when it get's big! I agree, post a video!

man,epic fish. now i can add tigerfish and snakehead to my fish i want list. lets see right before feeding time

alLexX said:
man,epic fish. now i can add tigerfish and snakehead to my fish i want list. lets see right before feeding time

Thanks, I have already fed them today but I'll get a vid tomorrow and try to get one that shows how intelligent they seem. FYI if you want snakeheads you are probably going to be out of luck depending on where you live. They are banned in the USA and in Ontario. Not sure about over seas but they have proven to be a huge invasive concern. The tigerfish is not banned though, both species of tigerfish are available (vittatus and Goliath) but I would recommend the vittatus since the Goliath gets absolutely massive.

kdpuffer said:
Thanks, I have already fed them today but I'll get a vid tomorrow and try to get one that shows how intelligent they seem. FYI if you want snakeheads you are probably going to be out of luck depending on where you live. They are banned in the USA and in Ontario. Not sure about over seas but they have proven to be a huge invasive concern. The tigerfish is not banned though, both species of tigerfish are available (vittatus and Goliath) but I would recommend the vittatus since the Goliath gets absolutely massive.

How did u get the snakeheads then

aw man,i live in ontario. oh well,just another reason to move really far up north when im older(i'll add that to less people and clean lakes). but if i can convince my mom to let me get a 300(or so) i can get a vittatus,i dont think she'll go for it

Back
Top Bottom