Preparing for saltwater- Equipment suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindenthaler.9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'll start this off saying I'm pretty much new to saltwater. (I have a few brackish tanks that are rising to full salt but I wouldn't consider it the same thing).

We have two tanks that are both going to become saltwater, it's just a toss up of which one it happens to first. A 10G and a 34 are the current options.
I want to go with the 34 first once the current stock gets upgraded, my boyfriend wants to do the 10. Any suggestions on which tank would be more practical to start with is appreciated. (We've been told the bigger the better but opinions from experienced saltwater keepers would be nice)
The current plan is to add live sand and rock and just let it cycle for a month or two. We have plenty of other tanks to play with- no need to rush this one.

The 10 has the standard footprint, I can add a picture of the 34 later, but it's a wide tank. Right now we'd like to know what equipment to start investing in.

Any suggestions for lighting, R-O units, or tips in general? Lighting we want to be more than just stock.
As far as filtration goes we have a Fluval rated for 25 gallons the 10 could get, the 34 has several different options.
A DIY HOB refugium for the 10 is currently planned, and a 10 gallon sump/refugium for the 34.

Sorry for the length of this post, I had intended to keep this short. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom