Preparing for the storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the power should go out you can't move the other discus into the 125? I mean it may be cramped for a day or 2 but at least they would be alive.

and we all procrastinated, I've been saying im going to get my generator running for months lol...just got around to it last night. Don't beat yourself up over it, thats how you learn

If the power should go out you can't move the other discus into the 125? I mean it may be cramped for a day or 2 but at least they would be alive.

and we all procrastinated, I've been saying im going to get my generator running for months lol...just got around to it last night. Don't beat yourself up over it, thats how you learn

I waited until this after noon.. 30 pulls to get it going.. i was getting nervous there..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I waited until this after noon.. 30 pulls to get it going.. i was getting nervous there..

yea mine wouldn't start last night so she got a tune up lol...had no choice but to start after I was done. I took all the old gas out (which had stabil in it) put a new fuel line on, completely disassembled the carb and cleaned it all, new plug and it was good to go. I'm good with my hands work in trades and build race cars for fun, so this stuff comes easy to me

yea mine wouldn't start last night so she got a tune up lol...had no choice but to start after I was done. I took all the old gas out (which had stabil in it) put a new fuel line on, completely disassembled the carb and cleaned it all, new plug and it was good to go

Here I was preaching about stabil.. it didn't help, I shut and cleared the fuel line.. didn't help.. it poofed some heavy black exhaust and died 3 times before running.. I put some high 93 octane in it in hopes if cleaning the system up a bit. Ran it for 10 minutes and it sounds great! I hope I don't need it haha

Here I was preaching about stabil.. it didn't help, I shut and cleared the fuel line.. didn't help.. it poofed some heavy black exhaust and died 3 times before running.. I put some high 93 octane in it in hopes if cleaning the system up a bit. Ran it for 10 minutes and it sounds great! I hope I don't need it haha

stabil might work but not over a long period of time. Best thing is to drain the gas if your not going to be using it for a while. Mine also put out a puff of black smoke and then started running perfect. I have it plugged in now, charging up the electric start:p

and your right I hope none of us need to use them

Ooo electric start.. we fancy huh?!?! I will store it with stabil again, I'll fully drain the fuel line this time prior to storing.

My discus are at my house:( im at his. I do regret not bringing my red turq, but he didnt have this battery backup for the tank until a few hours ago so i had no way of knowing. If i lose power though, im going back to the same breeder, spoiling myself, and getting a big red turq?

Ooo electric start.. we fancy huh?!?! I will store it with stabil again, I'll fully drain the fuel line this time prior to storing.

I always close the fuel line while the motor is running. When it starts sputtering I play with the choke on and of to reassure myself a bit

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

lol..it just happened to come on the model I bought.

I am in NC in the mountains....right now it's blowing snow outside, I might invest in a battery operated air pump and make a DIY sponge filter, idk but it's better than having a gas powered generator in your hose lol, nothing i have to be scared of in the mountains here!

Nils

I am in NC in the mountains....right now it's blowing snow outside, I might invest in a battery operated air pump and make a DIY sponge filter, idk but it's better than having a gas powered generator in your hose lol, nothing i have to be scared of in the mountains here!

Nils

May have served better as a preemptive thought..??always the next mega storm;)

Still going ? no loss of power yet thank god *knock on wood*

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

not nearly as much snow as they predicted down here...I'm not complaining lol
looks like new england got the worst of it

I just talked to my mom. She is in Bath Maine and she said it has stopped for now and they have around 14 inches or so.

Up here in Albany we only got like maybe 5. I think more of it was Boston and New Hampshire areas

There's a good 2.5 feet in Rhode Island right now and it's still snowing ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422404277.534934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom