Problems cycling 25gal Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol well if any body cares to look me up and add me its christian harrington... im always posting pics on there so its much easier to keep up with the visuals of my tanks taht way

I'd guess over-feeding is the issue as you're far from overstocked lol What kind of food are you feeding? 8 pellets for 2 corys seems like a lot and the flake food can go a long way. I'd try cutting it to 1 pinch of flake food per day for the Endler's and 2 pellets per day for the Corys (how big are the pellets? What kind are they?). Also Corys like to feed after lights out so you could drop the pellets in before you go to bed.

Fish like variety too. The Corys will eat leftover flake food and they like shrimp pellets and algae wafers (maybe rotate them). I also feed a half cube of frozen food every couple of weeks (frozen bloodworms or shrimp or daphnia), they go nuts for it but you only want to give it as a treat as it has a high protein content. I also feed them peas once per week for digestion and then fast them the next day.

Also do you siphon the substrate when you do water changes? Sucking up leftover food and waste is a good idea b/c that can contribute to high nitrate as well.

thats what they are is wardley shrimp pelets and the very from 1/4 inch to 1/8inch lol ill start feeding them after bed and should i feed the endlers twice a day cause im feeding them this amount twice a day every day and yea i vaccum the substrate good in the areas around my decor i never pull it all up

Do some more research on the black skirts. I think I read they can get nippy. Threadfin rainbows might be good too. They're very peaceful. My pearl gourami is totally peaceful. 6 or 8 more cories would be good. 8-10 neons would be cool.

okay so 10 corys , 10 endlers ( i hope i can find 1 to replace my one that passed) and 10 neons or cardinals what would that leave me room for

As long as amm, and trites are 0 you just keep an eye on your nitrates and water change accordingly. If you get overstocked, change more often. Like I'm having to do in my 45 gallon, every 3-5 days to keep things healthy. It's a little overstocked.

hmm going to get fish today anyone got any suggestions im going to get some more corys for sure but what about another schoaling fish cause im worried bout neons or cardinals not being able to handle ph of 8

whoops sorry for foul language i was irritated with the fish ....but they doing great today they was really active last night ....any more tips from anyone any tetras anyone suggest besides neons cause i know they weak and wont make it in my new tank

Back
Top Bottom