PVC Pipe Channeled Return for Under Sand - Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wy Renegade

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I ran across a thread on one of the cichlid forums where an individual had laid down a return system of PVC pipe beneath their substrate, and then brought opening up through the sand. Kind of hard to explain. Anyway, they drove their system with an internal filter, but I'm thinking of something similar for my West African Biotype tank that would be driven by a canister filter. Anybody done something like this? If so, do you have pictures?

I tryed it a long time ago and thought it was pointless and it didn't have enough power. Then I tryed it with a spare small generic powerhead and still the same. A powerfully canister might work.

Is it this article?
Constructing Under-Gravel Jets
Or was it something else because from what you were explaining it made me think of that.

Thank you! I hadn't see the article, but must have seen a thread where they were using this set-up. Regardless, the article contained the info I was looking for.

I tryed it a long time ago and thought it was pointless and it didn't have enough power. Then I tryed it with a spare small generic powerhead and still the same. A powerfully canister might work.

Thanks for the input. Like you, I just couldn't see it with a powerhead, it would have to be a pretty big internal pump. My thought really is just to randomly distribute the return a little more as oppossed to having it be all in one spot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom