Pwc question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing you are missing, and since you have never actually used one you wouldn't know.
The suction is much more than what you get with a regular gravity fed vac.
I have used both and the python vacuums the gravel with much more intensity than a gravity fed siphon so it is more than just starting a siphon and it really has no other effect.

my laundry sink is about 25 feet from my tank... the tank is higher but not much... so ill probably end up using a bit of water... i do notice if i turn the faucet off the water still trickles out of the tank... perhaps ill see now if it flows more freely (i just moved last week) if not maybe i can turn the pressure of the sink down so as not to waste as much water... it might take longer... but ill do some experimentation

lil off subject... but when i first fill my 180 gallon this weekend i want to make sure my heaters are working properly... should i put water in a few degrees less than i want the actual tank to be... or just do it room temp and let my heaters heat it up?...

its going to take me FOREVER to clean 200 lbs of sand... not looking forward to doing that in 35 degree weather outside :(

One thing you are missing, and since you have never actually used one you wouldn't know....

Exactly the types of responses I was hoping. After all, that's sort of why I bring this sort of thing up, so that those of us that have not purchased one of these things can make an informed choise, and the best place to get information about a product is from people that have actually used it.

Back
Top Bottom