Questions on African Cichlids, Just got my first fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a LFS that took them. I am now moving on to the more common tropical fish....

FWIW, most cichlids will only take up the bottom third of the tank the majority of the time. You did the right thing by taking them to a LFS.

I am now moving on to the more common tropical fish....
Don't give up on all cichlids! There are many that are common, peaceful, small and colorful. I have housed many of these wonderful fish since they fit my desire to have only small, peaceful, colorful fish in my 50 gal. The only downside is now I wish I didn't have large cichlids in the 80 gal and I would fill that with 2-3 inch fish :D I have no doubt that you will find a cichlid or two to fit your life style.

I really like cichlids, which is why I started with them.........I just don't think the 30g tall is ideal really for any kind, according to research and posters here. In the future when I live somewhere that I can hold a larger tank I will strongly consider them again.

That's great to hear. Africans really are great fish and very personable, which you probably noticed.

Back
Top Bottom