rare fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The silver dollars are fast when it comes to getting the food so use a sinking vegi pellet for the dollars and floating cichlid for the o. My o is able to hand feed which makes sure he gets all his food, but usually he comes to the top and I drop his pellets into his mouth one at a time as he wants them. They never get his food but he likes their sinking vegi pellets. Also the dollars like lettuce on a vegi clip every couple days.

There are a lot of different silver dollars available. Red hooks get really big and most of the others get to 5-6 inches or so. And yes they are round.

The 6' tank is at my brothers not at my house when I said ready to go in ment hes finished with it now and ready to give it to me sorry if I was miss leading, he's keeping his the filter so whatever the liter is of the 6' tank is I will triple it for filter power my 250liter 4' tank has a 1000 gph external filter on it witch cycles my whole tank 4 times an hour

Sorry not g/ph L/ph What do u think for the 6' 2×1000lph will be enough won't it

I had 3 oscars before in the 4' with tbe same filter ,before the Malawis it done alright keeping it clean

No. If its is canister filtration you want at least 5 times the turn over. I think you said it was 180 gallon tank so you would want 3500 lph turnover at least. 10 times for filters such as hang on back.

Ive just got home from work and had a look at my filter box in the loft its a biological 2000 lph external pump with built in uv light:) ive had it so long now I forget

Ive just got home from work and had a look at my filter box in the loft its a all pond solution biological 2000 lph external pump with built in uv light:) ive had it so long now I forget

Sounds like you just have a filter pump but no filter. Where does the media go in your filter? Do you know the different types of filters there are? Can you put up a pic of your filter?

I had 3 oscars before in the 4' with tbe same filter ,before the Malawis it done alright keeping it clean

What were the water parameters in that tank? You would have to do 50% to 75% water changes a day to keep the levels low enough with it being that overstocked. Because water is clean looking doesn't mean it is not toxic.

Inside my pump its got 4 trays top one is bio balls 2nd one ceramic rings 3rd active carbon 4th active carbon

Ok so you have a canister filter by the sounds of it. Don't use the carbon it's a waste of good filter space unless your using carbon to get rid of meds or something out of the tank. Fill those trays with bio media as well. Bio balls aren't the best for inside a canister they are more for trickle wet/ dry systems. So I would add ceramic to that tray as well. Is there foam in the filter to prefilter before water hits the bio media? If that filter does 2000 lph you will want 2 of those for a tank that size and if your having large fish.

Yes there is foam in every tray I do have a built in filter aswell with bio media in it but the pump seized up on me so but its still in the water does the pump need to be running fir it to work

Back
Top Bottom