re-stocking my 55 gal with more aggressive fish, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarist_9018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i currently have a 55 gal set up with a 2 angels, 2 cory cats, and 3 guppies. im going to be moving them to a different tank soon and am looking to re stock my 55 with more aggressive fish, cichlids, and such. im looking for more variety in species. any suggestions

i have a pair of kribs that chase everything out of their territiory. they are colourful and aggresive for the bottom area of your tank

i have a paradise fish that has a bit of an aggressive streak. she doesnt harrass anything that is a different size to her though. very energetic, patrols up and down the front of the tank when anyone goes into the room.

I would think that a pair of kribs would force a short life span on guppies... Angels would probably find themselves living in the upper corners of the tank. Though I've seen some that can stand up... until the kribs spawn, then all bets are off.

the angels and guppies are going to a nice 29 gal bowfront im thinking so that will leave my 55 empty, so they dont really need to be taken into account.altho something that could go with both angels and guppies and also be able to hold its own if it were to be put with more aggressive fish would be awesome to find to :D

Personally I see something like a Rift tank? (If that is agressive). I had breeding brichardis for a period, and they were pretty agressive. Only Sae's, plecos and danios were able to stay in the tank.

peacock bass are pretty sweet! Your options for a huge variety are limited even with a 55. You might want to focus more on like one ubber killer. Like an arowana or a peacock bass or even like a red devil.

Back
Top Bottom