ready to try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a 10 gallon setup, gonna try my hand at breeding rcs for when I get my 55 gal and whatever else is in my future lol. I think I'll use this thread to keep everyone updated.

good luck, i actually just started the same process in my 15 gal...so far no new shrimp, but there is one female who has eggs...

patola_l said:
good luck, i actually just started the same process in my 15 gal...so far no new shrimp, but there is one female who has eggs...

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Tank..... check...
Substrate.... check
Now just to sit and wait, I picked up a moss ball to put in the tank today. Gonna temp put it in my 29 gal

Do or do not... there is no try.

Here is the tank, just sitting out the wait till the dust settles.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110603_180513.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110603_180513.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 128
Got a question. I got the 10 gallon today, added flourite as substrate. Added filter media from my established 29 gallon. Also have a moss ball in there. My question is.... I just did a parameter test 3 times cause the readings were unrealistic.
pH is 7.6 all three times.. this is ok
Ammo is 0ppm all three tests
NitrIte is 0ppm two test pure light blue, third test light blue/light purple.
NitrAte was 10ppm all three tests.

This can't be can it? Tank cycles in less than a few hours? I didn't add tank water from my 29 like I was planning. All I did was flourite, media, and a moss ball.. what's going on here? I even had my wife administer the third test. Any thoughts?

GoneFishing said:
Got a question. I got the 10 gallon today, added flourite as substrate. Added filter media from my established 29 gallon. Also have a moss ball in there. My question is.... I just did a parameter test 3 times cause the readings were unrealistic.
pH is 7.6 all three times.. this is ok
Ammo is 0ppm all three tests
NitrIte is 0ppm two test pure light blue, third test light blue/light purple.
NitrAte was 10ppm all three tests.

This can't be can it? Tank cycles in less than a few hours? I didn't add tank water from my 29 like I was planning. All I did was flourite, media, and a moss ball.. what's going on here? I even had my wife administer the third test. Any thoughts?

Have you checked the parameters of the water directly from your tap?

Ok test c/w
Ammo 0ppm
NitrIte 0ppm
NitrAte 5ppm
Had my wife double check readings nitrAte was a def 5 from tap

GoneFishing said:
Ok test c/w
Ammo 0ppm
NitrIte 0ppm
NitrAte 5ppm
Had my wife double check readings nitrAte was a def 5 from tap

Do you have any shrimp / fish in the tank right now?

Nope I was waiting to transfer two berried ghost shrimp. Just getting odd cycle readings for the tank being setup for 4 hrs.

GoneFishing said:
Nope I was waiting to transfer two berried ghost shrimp. Just getting odd cycle readings for the tank being setup for 4 hrs.

There's not really a cycle taking place if you've only added established media and not an ammonia source. If you're not already familiar with it, I'd recommend you check out the guide in my signature to learn about fishless cycling. It's the safest and most efficient option to prepare your tank...and it'll be a breeze since you've got established media. Shoot any questions you have at me about it :)

Also since I don't have an ammonia source should I move the moss ball to me established tank? Or will it be ok?

Back
Top Bottom