ready to try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome :). Don't be afraid to dose it back up sooner. I'm not sure what the record for heavily seeded media is...I'll have to look back and see. I'm thinking it was 5-7 days. My personal record is 20 days, and that was with minimal seeded media.

I may run a second test before the night is over and add some more. On a side note.. I don't know if it was like this when I got it, but the moss ball is a gorgeous green.. I think it's greener now then when I got it..

Glad to hear it might almost be time nothing worse then waiting for a darn cycle lol

Waiting to cycle isn't that bad, for me anyway. The hard part is keeping it cycled while I wait for my rcs to be ready. I was doing some thinking today and would it be easier for me to just keep some tetra in the tank to keep it cycled? I know it's a shrimp breed tank and it will get really crowded over time, but I can't decide if just putting some fish in there would be better? I know tetras should have at least 6 for their school, which would limit my number of rcs. Just a thought, feel free to chime in.

GoneFishing said:
Waiting to cycle isn't that bad, for me anyway. The hard part is keeping it cycled while I wait for my rcs to be ready. I was doing some thinking today and would it be easier for me to just keep some tetra in the tank to keep it cycled? I know it's a shrimp breed tank and it will get really crowded over time, but I can't decide if just putting some fish in there would be better? I know tetras should have at least 6 for their school, which would limit my number of rcs. Just a thought, feel free to chime in.

10 gallon right? Personally I'd just add ammo until the tank cycles. Then just add your shrimp and don't worry. The bacteria will adjust to the level of shrimp in there...and when they start breeding it will adjust then too. Shrimp have such a small bioload I don't think it'll matter much. Also, my Neon Tetras annihilated some juvie RCS when I added them to my tank. If you left them in there with shrimp...I don't think it'd work.

10 gallon right? Personally I'd just add ammo until the tank cycles. Then just add your shrimp and don't worry. The bacteria will adjust to the level of shrimp in there...and when they start breeding it will adjust then too. Shrimp have such a small bioload I don't think it'll matter much. Also, my Neon Tetras annihilated some juvie RCS when I added them to my tank. If you left them in there with shrimp...I don't think it'd work.

Ok, leaving it just shrimp it is.. Glad you mentioned your tetras had a snack. That's the last thing I want to happen lol

Oh ok, i do apologize then. I do enjoy the tank very much, i actually just started a 10 for RCS about 2 weeks ago, had all old tank media just like, have two moss balls and some random plants and they love it in there. Also have two berried females hoping to see some little ones soon. I hope it goes well for you.

Oh ok, i do apologize then. I do enjoy the tank very much, i actually just started a 10 for RCS about 2 weeks ago, had all old tank media just like, have two moss balls and some random plants and they love it in there. Also have two berried females hoping to see some little ones soon. I hope it goes well for you.

No need to apologize..

There is a moss ball at my local petsmart that is 5" I think I'm gonna see if they still have it tomorrow. What other plants do you have? I read that shrimp love java moss, thinking about picking some of that up too.

eco23 said:
Good deal. It's a smart idea you're keeping track of how much it takes. BTW, I just saw in your profile you work on A-10's...that's fantastic. I just saw my first one last week at the Langley Air Show. It's one of my dreams to hear that beast fire one day...but I think I'd have to go to boot camp first to actually hear it, lol. I'm 31 now...not sure I could take all that running, haha.

You would love that sound. Aaaaaaaaaa

I actually have a bunch of java moss, they love it, good place for them to hide out in it. I also have hornwort and small broad leaf plant my gf got me not to sure on the name but it is in there...lol.

I actually have a bunch of java moss, they love it, good place for them to hide out in it. I also have hornwort and small broad leaf plant my gf got me not to sure on the name but it is in there...lol.

Small broad leaf? anubias? can you post a pic? you can use this thread to do so.

Sorry for the bad pic, best i can do with a blackberry

Attachments

• IMG00264-20110606-2128.jpg
    IMG00264-20110606-2128.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 60
I believe that is Anubis Nana.

Tested water, ammo still less than 1ppm, I'm gonna add some drops in tomorrow.

Been busy last two days, ammo dropped between 0ppm and .25ppm so I dosed back up 20 drops gonna test when it gets distributed. Hope I didn't screw the pooch and let the ammo drop to low.

Water test done
pH 7.8
Ammo 0ppm
NitrIte 5ppm probably more was a deep purple
NitrAte 40ppm

I'm hopin Eco will chime in for my next steps, since the cycle link won't open on my iPad! Where are you Eco??

Back
Top Bottom