Recommded for cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

streetkingz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I was wondering I have a 55 gallon tank of cichlids
I have some convict cichlids
1 pair of flowerhorn
2 pair of red devils

In the 55 gallon tank I was wondering what water condition do u recommend like in ph and etc
And what do I need in the as in like rocks and sand or crush carol
I already have 2 custom 400 gallon tank at my house but was set up by one of my friend he outta state right now so I couldnt ask him these question

Please any help will do

Thanks Oscar98

I don't have any sand or gravel in there now can I not have any sand or gravel in there or will they need it
I was wondering do u know where the fish are from because I dot know of it can even go in my 400s

They are new world cichlids. Mostly from central america. The red devils will get 8-16 inches and the flowerhorns will get 12+inches so they WILL need a much bigger tank. Bo sand or gravel is ok.

Because in one of my 400s have saltwater fish and the other are African cichlids I think

Will I be able to put it in the flower horn and other in the other 400 I don't think I can

How many african cichlids? You may be able to but i wouldnt advise it. The red devils will probably kill everything else in the tank. How big are all the fish?

5-7 inch at most but in the cichlids 400 I don't know really but 100-200 don't know exactly

Ok thanks imma try to find a 150g tank and when I have everything set up allies post pic if u want to have a look at them

One more question in one of my lil sis tank one of her convict just sit in the corner does that mean it about to die or is it a symptom of her not like the water can u help with that

Yea I will just trying to get get a 150g first so when I'm done I'll will do so

Back
Top Bottom