Red bump/pimple on two of my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry for the late responses. the kribensis passed away, i left home for 1 night and when I came back I found him dead on the ground, poor guy :( the gourami with the zit i gave to a friend, he was given to me by another friend and i didn't much want him anyway. as of now hes doing fine, the zits still there though, but his behavior still hasnt changed at all, unlike the kribensis, who was noticeably changing behavior

I also got rid of my jack dempseys, they were destroying my plants/sand setup and were growing quickly anyway, i figured i should get them out now instead of later when they are too big for the tank anyway, they are my favorite fish by far but they just wernt working in my tank. perhaps i will get 1 electric blue dempsey since they are super slow growers and tend to stay small... and also because they are my most favorites :D i did pick up two bolivian rams to replace the dempseys though.

basically i have decided to make my tank a dwarf cichlid community, this way my fish wont overgrow it. I figure i will stick with my "random" creatures (catfish, eel, ghostknife (which like i said i will be returning to my friend once it has grown more), 2 gouramis, and crawfish) as a base, and then get 3 pairs of dwarf cichlids, i believe this will be a perfect stock for my tank. (i already have bolivian rams, i want a kribensis pair and a german blue ram pair).

also I got a beautiful pearl gourami to replace the other gourami i got rid of. the problem now however is this pearl gourami i got must be a male because he keeps fighting with the male flame gourami, so now im going to have to get rid of the flame gourami too!! or trade it for a female i suppose

here are some pics of my tank if you guys want to check it out. i think if you look you will see how much space and room my fish have to hide around in. i wanted to mention that my tank may seem overstocked on paper, but u must take in mind that my fish are pretty equally divided by what layers they occupy. i have 3 bottom dwellers, 2 open space/top dwellers, and 3 "roamers" as i like to call them, or cave/mid level dwellers. also, 2 of my bottom dwellers (catfish and crawfish) are ALWAYS in a cave (as you will see if you look at the pics) and the ghost knife is always hiding somewhere.

Fish Tank - Imgur

p.s. if anyone could help me sex the rams that would be awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom