redecorated 60 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Had to do some redecoration to my mbuna cichlid tank so I could put my salousi female back in after she recovered from having babies

ForumRunner_20120702_162158.jpg

She was a good momma, 30 babies first clutch.
ForumRunner_20120702_162357.jpg

Fantastic looking tank! Very impressively decorated

Bbush said:
Nice! Like the driftwood. Where did u find that?

the wood pieces are actually fake decorations picked up at Pet Smart. All the rocks are real, found on a creek bank and in the woods behind my house.
I think they are pretty pieces and the real rock work makes them look real.

Cynic said:
Fantastic looking tank! Very impressively decorated

Thanks, I spend a lot of time in this tank keeping things clean. I get bored looking at the same thing all the time so it gets redecorated a lot.
I have also found that if I move things around it keeps the aggression down with my cichlids because it constantly changes territories. They don't seem to mind and I enjoy spending the time "playing" in the fish tank.

All 30 of them happy and healthy in a 10 gallon nursery tank. Crossing my fingers, so far I haven't lost any.

Your doing well then! Only problem is where do you sell babies? I have trouble where I am because the shops don't give me anything for livebearers.

The places here don't give money for them either or even a store credit, but pet co does donate money to the animal shelters if you donate fish to them.
Plus I an gonna list them on craigs list and maybe in local paper and try to make a little off of them.

I agree in some repects. I would personally never buy livestock from them. I was just wondering if you liked it or not

I personally like to see what I am buying, so unless I could go look at the fish for my self I wouldn't buy either I won't even buy much of any thing of line.
If I list my babies on there they would have to be local sales because I don't think I would be willing to try and pack them to ship. I would be afraid of all being dead when they got to where they were going. Then I out of babies, and money for shipping them.

Back
Top Bottom