redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fed the little guy again tonight! He eats pretty well, but I noticed he has some white waste.....is that alright? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks guys. :)

Is it stringy white waste? If so it could be parasites but also could be white because of whatever it was eating at the lfs. If it will eat nls pellets I would recommend feeding them only for a few days. If the waste turns the color of nls it is fine and you have nothing to worry about . If it is still white and stringy some medicated food is in order.

Not sure of there is something wrong. On one of the fins above the clowns head, the little spines have little white things on top....maybe they are protruding for some reason? He is acting fine....any ideas?

Also, I think the water from my machine has a blue tint! I am not sure if my water has always had this, but most likely not. It is kind of odd.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully both of these issues really aren't issues, lol.

:)

Hi there! I'm thinking about setting up a 29 gal myself...how would you rate the biocube so far? Is it loud/cheap parts? I'm trying to find people that have them to decide.
And if I may, could i see pictures of your tank? Thanks a bundle~

Sharkiegirl I love the biocube. Start another thread and you will get many more answers. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello sharkiegirl! I changed a few things in my cube, so I can't really say how well the stock setup will work. :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389445149.700725.jpg here is a picture. :)

You didnt by chance get any of the lfs water into your tank did you? the reason I ask is my one lfs adds copper to his fish tanks and ti has a blue tinge to it. Just checking!

You didnt by chance get any of the lfs water into your tank did you? the reason I ask is my one lfs adds copper to his fish tanks and ti has a blue tinge to it. Just checking!

Thanks Carey! I do remember getting a slight bit, but not much.

Oops, I forgot to mention that it is the water in my RO/DI bucket that appears to have a blue tinge. It is frustrating me because I need to top off the tank, but am afraid to continue with this blue water. I want to think that I am just making it up, but that probably isn't so realistic because a few people that have looked at it said it appeared blue.

It is so odd, because when I still had the tube of the RODI in my sink (not in the bucket yet), I noticed the water was blue, but just thought the blue tube was making the water look blue.

I don't know what is up. :(

It is the ebay one from purewaterclub. :)

Setting up this tank was actually it's first use, so it has only been used a few times. :)

Here is a picture of the water, do you think it is just my eyes? LOL, I know it is very hard to tell from a picture though. The only other thing I can think of is that this is a new bucket, and smelt a bit plastic-like. I washed it out briefly, however. :)

Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389576810.092491.jpg

What are the lights that are in the room? Can drastically change colours !

We have incandescent bulbs. :)

Oscar-I hope you are right and my water is okay.

Do you guys think I should just use it?

I think it is a combination of the white bucket and the lighting that is giving the water that tint. I would guess it is safe .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi everyone! My Clown is still doing well over a week later. I am really enjoying him!

I wanted to ask, my fans only turn on if the blue lighting (actinic, I believe) is on. If I only turn on the white bulbs, the fans do not turn on. Is it okay to only leave my white lights on without the fan? Or will they become too hot?

Thank you! Just don't want my lights to burst or anything, lol. :)

Do we think it is to early for another inhabitant this weekend? I love Cleaner Shrimp, but am unsure as to if it is too early for one or not. :)

I added a Cleaner Shrimp about twenty minutes ago! I am very glad to have one again, definitely one of my favorite saltwater specimens! :)

Back
Top Bottom