reef rocks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll tell ya, I talked to Steve a couple times after an issue with Fed Ex. Great guy to deal with. I told him exactly what I wanted to do with the tank and he made sure he got it exactly as I asked for it. They also have a deal where you can get 40lbs of sand for about $15 shipped (the cost of shipping). For $99 and some change, you can get the sand and rock shipped. I was very happy with my rock, and my sand should be in today or tomorrow.

Is it LR or Base rock? IF its live thats a ridiculous deal................... It looks like base though..... Sorry for the stupid question.

I e-mailed the guy and he responded saying he'd look into the price of shipping to Canada for me. Then, when I didn't hear back from him I e-mailed again two nights ago to remind him, and he got back saying that he'll get me the price yesterday. I've still yet to hear from him :(

That sucks, he lost my business because I didn't want to wait a week just to order, I'll be buying LR this weekend instead. I'd rather pay the extra $2.00 per pound and have good service.

He also said that his website was being hacked by the competitor, and then asked me to place an order (with my credit card) on that same page :ermm: ...ummm, think I'll pass, identity theft isn't in my list of 'things to do today' :nono:

If the guys having problems on his page, maybe giving them a call and placing an order over the phone is more "safer" ??....just a thought

I really wouldn't worry about that. Whether or not it is, if you use paypal, there's really no need to worry... and, I think he might just be a bit paranoid... I talked to the guy for quite a while... super nice, but told me the same thing.

To be honest, shipping to canada probably would cost more than getting it local. I know it's free shipping here in the US, but to get up there would probably cost a substantial amount, especially for a 50-55lb package.

my order should be here by the 21st according to the tracking number.

it was just like ordering from reefcleaners. almost page for page. paid through paypal like mfdroookie mentioned. again, just like reefcleaners. ive got to get another 100lbs for my tank, the price is right.

only suggestion i have is that he needs to add a shopping cart link to his pages.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'm going to be getting more live rock instead. Huge sales at Big Al's on the 26th are twisting my rubber arm.

hey just wanted to update everyone if they where wondering.

i just got my order that i purchased friday, i live in the midwest. it looks great. and i WILL buy the remaining rock that i need from reefrock.net

Back
Top Bottom