reef rocks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any pics of the rock coffeetwitch?? lol ....ill be odering mine first thing next week along with the 40lbs of sand

Stupid question as well. Will that end up turning "live" after putting it in the tank. I'm cycling a 75 gallon right now n already have maybe 35-40 lbs LR in there.

coffeetwitch said:
yes it will

Cool thanks. Pics look great btw. How long do you think it would take for them to become live? Sorry I'm asking such silly questions. I have a 29gallon with fish and until I'm sure the 75 gallon is completely cycled and ready to go I don't want to risk any of my fish.

Ha. Kk just like the pictures. Hopefully I can get the remaining 100lbs in the next week or so. And I absolutely will order from this place again.

Fballer4310 said:
Cool thanks. Pics look great btw. How long do you think it would take for them to become live? Sorry I'm asking such silly questions. I have a 29gallon with fish and until I'm sure the 75 gallon is completely cycled and ready to go I don't want to risk any of my fish.

It should only take a few weeks with the existing live rock and a light bio load to start filtering. Don't quote me, so please test your water. And a few months to start becoming live.

I may not be spot on with what I just said but I should be close.

here is a link to the pictures. its just 50lbs. but supper porous. i would even say more so than any rock i got from reefcleaners. im not knocking reefcleaners just trying to say how much more texture it is.

reefrock pictures by coffeetwitch - Photobucket

oh wow....thats some super holey rock batman!!!! on a serious note, looks very nice man.

Bart scott's voice "CAN'T WAIT!!" :D

ha.

i guess i should report back when my second and third order come in when i order them and see if they are all equally as choice. other than that. nothing better can be said from me about them. im glad rookie ordered from them and also reported being pleased with them.

Actually, probably more than that. I got 50lbs of rock (could have got for $99 shipped elsewhere) and 40lbs of sand ($50 at local LFS?)... So, I saved about $50 or so.

Back
Top Bottom