Rock Testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm about to redo my tank with live plants and want to redo the decor as well. I'm thinking some round stones in a rock slide configuration. Anyway I know Muriatic acid is one way to test to check if stones are safe but also read that I can use Nitrate Test Bottle #1 from my API Test Kit as well, is this true? Id like to avoid having to buy a 1 gallon bottle of something Ill only use a few drops off if possible.

Also is anyone native to Northeast Ohio in the Cleveland Rocky River area know if the stones found down there are safe to use? I know its heavily shale.

If you are planning to use the large rounded river stones, no worries. Avoid shale. Its a rock associated with petroleum.

Some Cories that i already have, Cardinal/Neon Tetras, Snail of some kind, Red Cherry Shrimp or 2 and a Dwarf/Sparkling Gourami.

I looked around and saw Homedepot has Bags Vigoro Mexican Beach Pebbles and on another forum several people said they used them.

Back
Top Bottom