Second tank, added fish after cycle but now it's spiking again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lizardqueen92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!
So i recently bought a second, larger tank. I already have one tank that's fully established and that i've had for a while.
The second tank cycled, i thought it was complete as i was monitoring it closely, testing regularly and it seemed to have spiked and then reduced, so i started to gradually add some of my fish from my other, established tank.I also added some plants and rocks from my established tank to help fasten the cycling process and add some natural, good bacteria.

However, since adding (two mini corys and two ADFs) the nitrite and nitrate have spiked again. I did a small partial water change, however it's remained the same and it's now become cloudy.

Amonia is showing nil, however i'm really concerned, should i move my frogs and fish back into my established tank, or stick it out? the frogs are behaving seemingly fine, and neither them or the corys are gasping for air (albeit the corys are breathing rather fast).
Really don't like knowing my fish are in a uncomfortable, potentially dangerous environment.

How did you cycle the tank? What did you get the ammonia up to and how long did it take to cycle out?

What level of nitrite are you seeing?

If you are seeing nitrite you arent cycled and will need to cycle the tank. You can either move everything to your established tank and complete your fishless cycle or leave then where they are and complete your cycle as a fish in cycle. Its really down to your personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom