South american suggestions for 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My uncle has a 75 gallon tank with 1 corie thats 3 inches, a 5 inch angel fish, a 7 inch blood parrot, and a turquoise rainbow fish. There all happy and get along well.

Yep those will be fine together and if the blood parrots mouth was not deformed they would be able to kill the corys. If you are going with mild sa like angels you will be fine. the geophagus will be fine also with the corys.

Yep those will be fine together and if the blood parrots mouth was not deformed they would be able to kill the corys. If you are going with mild sa like angels you will be fine. the geophagus will be fine also with the corys.

The mouth was not deformed

But thanks your right angels arent aggresive

that's pretty much my stock list, but mine are in a 125. Your O won't be able to turn around in a 55. The O and JD would need a 75g min. each to themselves. They would tear eachother up in that space, not enough territory to claim. If I had read up on this forum as much as I have now before I bought my fish, I would try some of the lesser known SA species. A lot of them are smaller, different and beautiful! These guys could list them out for you. You could have more fish that way.

I'm keeping my JD separate from my O, even in a 125, I wouldn't trust those two =)

might have to get some later in my 55g after one more tank upgrade and fishies I have now are settled in.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom