Star fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that aptasia all over my tank.

Im not gonna do the sodium... Should i do a peppermint shrimp? If so how do i qt the shrimp i have no tank its occupied now by two ich fish.

Alright take a picture. From what I've read and heard peppermints are hit or miss and if they do eat it they only eat the small ones. You can get a product called aiptasia x, I've read lemon juice and boiling water, also read on here that kalkwasser works good as well.

EriksFish315 said:
Alright take a picture. From what I've read and heard peppermints are hit or miss and if they do eat it they only eat the small ones. You can get a product called aiptasia x, I've read lemon juice and boiling water, also read on here that kalkwasser works good as well.

Well they are all currently small. But what about QT the shrimp today?

Inverts don't get ich so youre good on that. I have tried 3 times with peppermints for the aiptasia, this last time I put a dozen of them in and nothing. LOL Once a week or so I go through my tank and nuke the ones I can reach with Aiptasia X or I mix some kalkwasser with water til it's yogurt like and inject that.

I gotta be honest, I think I am loosing the battle with my aiptasia so it's vital that you get them the first time around. they spread like a plague and before you know it you will have 20, then 30 then 50 and then it's all over. LOL

carey said:
Inverts don't get ich so youre good on that. I have tried 3 times with peppermints for the aiptasia, this last time I put a dozen of them in and nothing. LOL Once a week or so I go through my tank and nuke the ones I can reach with Aiptasia X or I mix some kalkwasser with water til it's yogurt like and inject that.

I gotta be honest, I think I am loosing the battle with my aiptasia so it's vital that you get them the first time around. they spread like a plague and before you know it you will have 20, then 30 then 50 and then it's all over. LOL

How crazy. I just don't want them hurting my fish

Yeah my problem is I can see a few tiny tiny ones but can get to them to kill them. If there was another way besides actually injecting them.......

They are easy enough to take care of, you just can't leave them be is all. As long as you are on it you should be fine. They can get huge too and those the peppermints won't even touch and those are the ones that can sting fish if they get big enough.
:-(

Nope, quite the opposite. Get them before they get big. You have to be proactive with these things or you will get over run.

LOL. ;-)

I just picked up a copperband butterfly on friday against everyones advice, to try to get the aipatsia out of my reef tank. I would strongly recommend NOT getting anything like that to eat them. I am really re-thinking the fish but now I'm kinda stuck.

Back
Top Bottom