Starting New Tank today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails are doing their job!

So I purchased 20 nerite and 5 cerith snails and my tank is already 1/2 clean. Doing a WC today to help out some more.

I noticed that along with my worms I now have tiny bugs crawling all over my live rock. After doing research I think I have Copepods and amphipods. I'm so excited to see all of the marine life in my tank.

Does anyone think I'm ready for my 1st fish? I don't think I want to wait until after the holidays.

Going to buy 4 Blue/Green Chormis today. Can't wait for my first fish. Also going to start a QT tank this weekend so I can add more fish after the QT cycles.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415383345.602410.jpg get these two items too!! Trust me it's a fish saver lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I have the stress coat and didn't get the message until I got home. Will be going back to LFS to get some medicine.

FISH!!!

Well my new inhabitants have been acclimated and are now swimming in their new home. Next fish will be Put in QT before going in the DT. Here's a picture of my new fish.

Why wouldn't you listen to my advice that's just silly I had same problems this is natural I have been raising fish for 8 years so I'm not sure where the police fish are but I'm in the best interest for the fish :)

Why wouldn't you listen to my advice that's just silly I had same problems this is natural I have been raising fish for 8 years so I'm not sure where the police fish are but I'm in the best interest for the fish :)

because you have posted on over 5 different threads with the same advice of products to use.

The problem is that you are posting the exact same solution for every issue. In many of these cases, we don't even have enough info to know what the *is*. On top that the products that are being recommended here consist of a dechlorinator and a "bacterial expellent" that is formulated for freshwater.

I think it would help the OP in this thread if you could explain when and why you think this particular treatment to be appropriate. Especially given that the OP does not appear to have any issues.

Because it works for everything each person has described. Raising fish for as many years as I have I dealt with it all and these two bottles i posted have helped my fish ALWAYS that is why I post it . Like what do I just use it in my tank to harm my fish . You people need to RELAX GO LOOK AT YOUR FISH I DIDNT KNOCK YOUR "advice" so calm down.

The problem is that you are posting the exact same solution for every issue. In many of these cases, we don't even have enough info to know what the *is*. On top that the products that are being recommended here consist of a dechlorinator and a "bacterial expellent" that is formulated for freshwater.

I think it would help the OP in this thread if you could explain when and why you think this particular treatment to be appropriate. Especially given that the OP does not appear to have any issues.

There doesn't need to be an issue and if there is these two will help ..... I don't need to explain its quite obvious of what it does if you can read the bottles ??

i hope mods see this and deal with this issue, not only are you being unhelpful but you are potentially causing harm to OPs fish. Just because you have raised fish for 8 years doesnt mean that you know everything.

OP i strongly suggest ignoring this posters advice, they have a sense that any issue (waterquality, disease, parasite, bacterial, a scrape) can be fixed with a dechlorinator and bacterial expellent which is not true.

freshwater products are not for saltwater and vise versa will add a white film on top of the water

I'm gonna agree with everyone here, don't waste your money on those products, there not needed and there's no such thing as a "1 thing cures all" in this hobby.

Guppy please stop spamming the forum with these products, especially fresh water treatments for a sw tank. And honestly the stress coat has no use in sw either as we don't use tap water.

I will not use products that are not for saltwater tanks. I have a good LFS that I listen to as well as GOOD advice I get from most posters. Thank You.

Honestly I didn't even see this was sw so sorry about that other wise if it's fw certainly helps :)

The Chromis look great!I can't wait!I am hoping I will have some Chromis in the next few weeks!How are the diatoms?

The Chromis look great!I can't wait!I am hoping I will have some Chromis in the next few weeks!How are the diatoms?
Diatoms are mostly gone. Chromis are doing great! They even recognize me when I get close to the tank and come up thinking I'm going to feed them. They love to eat and are constantly looking for food. Feeding Cyclops and Mysis Shrimp along with some marine flake food.

Back
Top Bottom