Stock List for Mbuna 120G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
8 Yellow Electric
6 Red Zebra
6 Yellow Fin Mbamba
4 white tail acei and maybe another 4 yellow tail acei.. Would that work?

I'm thinking of either the socolofi, syndontis catfish, or something cool like a large fish or eel. Don't know of any of those that would work in this tank though

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

8 Yellow Electric 6 Red Zebra 6 Yellow Fin Mbamba 4 white tail acei and maybe another 4 yellow tail acei.. Would that work? I'm thinking of either the socolofi, syndontis catfish, or something cool like a large fish or eel. Don't know of any of those that would work in this tank though Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Looks good, you could defiantly add more fish though not at once but assuming you have the right filtration you should be good. Catfish would work, the eel I wouldn't risk

That's what I was thinking to. More fish of the species I Would already have or add another species or two?

Also do you have any suggestions

I'll do another species or two. I wanna do that syndontis catfish but the site I'm ordering from, live fish direct doesn't have them in stock. I'll just get the four species and then add another two in a few weeks. Maybe rustys or that cobue afra. Any suggestions?

I'd like to put in a nice looking hap or peacock but I've read that often doesn't go well

That's a good looking fish. I might give that a shot

If I got 3 males that are about 3 inches.. Would that work considering the other fish I'm getting are going to be 1-2 inches

Even if there were no females of that kind?

Yes, ime peacocks and haps will fight each other even with no females. That's why in male peacock tanks you don't want more than one of each species

Would it work if I got just one male by itself?

I went ahead and ordered one along with the others. Thanks

Too late now lol. Would demasoni have been better?

Be careful...you have to watch the male to female ratio closely. It's fine when they are young. I decided to go all male fish. I've mixed mbuna, peacocks, haps...i still have to watch them close. Females cause chasing to turn to killing occasionally

Oh jeeze, thanks. would it be disastrous if I put a bunch of demasoni juveniles in there as well? (10-20)

Current stock
8 yellow electric
5 yellow fin mbamba
6 red zebra
1 taiwan reef
5 white tail acei

Back
Top Bottom