Stocking a nano reef, too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jufowler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im beginning the cycling process on my first reef tank soon and im starting to look for what fish to add in the coming months after its cycled. Im starting a 20 gallon long nano reef with a ten gallon sump. The sump will have a protien skimmer, refugium, and a 30 gallon hang on back filter. My plans so far for livestock are a Tanakas Pygmy Wrasse, a Black Ocellaris clown fish, a Royal Gamma Basslet, an Orange Stripe Prawn Goby, A Tuxedo or Pin Cussion urchin, and maybe some type of shrimp. Im also unsure if I need a clean up crew or not? Thanks for the help

Im beginning the cycling process on my first reef tank soon and im starting to look for what fish to add in the coming months after its cycled. Im starting a 20 gallon long nano reef with a ten gallon sump. The sump will have a protien skimmer, refugium, and a 30 gallon hang on back filter. My plans so far for livestock are a Tanakas Pygmy Wrasse, a Black Ocellaris clown fish, a Royal Gamma Basslet, an Orange Stripe Prawn Goby, A Tuxedo or Pin Cussion urchin, and maybe some type of shrimp. Im also unsure if I need a clean up crew or not? Thanks for the help

Clean up crew really depends on your substrate for example if you have live sand I would highly recommend a cleanup crew because the sand is very fine and needs to be turned over

Back
Top Bottom