Stocking questions from a newbie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awhutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im getting a 220 gallon tank and am thinking about the following stock list: (hopefully a lot better than my first lol)

7 denison barbs
1 African brown knife
1 gold royal pleco
7 pictus cats
1 giant gourami
2 blood parrots
2 frontosa

Does this list sound good? I hope it does lol. Thanks in advance for any advice! Oh yeah, could I have any types of plants with these guys?

Sounds good to me but I don't know anything about Frontosas or Giant Gourami but I think they would be fine in a 220 for life but wait for someone that knows more about these fish to jump in.

They do look really neat vanimal but then id have to scratch the denisons and cats right?

They do look really neat vanimal but then id have to scratch the denisons and cats right?

For a CKF yes but a BGK no. The tank is definitely large enough. I have my BGK in a 220 with Cories and an Eclipse Cat and I have no problems. You could also add a Bichir.

Ok, new list:

1 gold royal pleco
1 giant gourami
2 blood parrots
2 frontosa
1 clownknife fish
1 bichir of some kind

As long as no one has any concerns about this team Im going to do this crew. Thanks for all the advice and ill put pics up when its going. A few hardy plants should be doable correct?

Ok, new list:

1 gold royal pleco
1 giant gourami
2 blood parrots
2 frontosa
1 clownknife fish
1 bichir of some kind

As long as no one has any concerns about this team Im going to do this crew. Thanks for all the advice and ill put pics up when its going. A few hardy plants should be doable correct?

Yeah I think so. You could also add a solo Catfish like an Eclipse or Lima Shovel Nose.

Maybe but barely, I dont think im going to do an arowanna. But thanks for the idea

Maybe but barely, I dont think im going to do an arowanna. But thanks for the idea

Yeah you could do a Silver for life but its like an Oscar in a 55. It can work but if you want the best for your fish a bigger tank is definitely needed.

Rivercats has a mesmerizing 220 gallon. Could probably give some awesome advice! Good luck! Would love to see pictures!

Nice, you do 50 percent weekly changes vanimal? Have you ever tried 25 percent?

Back
Top Bottom