Striped peacock eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carolinagirl said:
Yeah well I hope someone comes along with those worms so they can touch them!! I turned the lights off then put some bloodworms right in front of him and he stayed in the corner with them for a few mins...hopefully eating them!! We shall see!

Cool!! Hopefully you get to the point where he eats from your hand!!

Edit: hehe i added some pics i just took:)

Way to rub it in! Just kidding :) He comes to my hand as if hes curious so hopefully someday I will be doing that as well! Fingers crossed lol

Carolinagirl said:
Way to rub it in! Just kidding :) He comes to my hand as if hes curious so hopefully someday I will be doing that as well! Fingers crossed lol

Hehe i know:) im sorry..:D

Peaocks are definitly friendly. That, or they dont know that we could easily make fish stick outta them haha

My family says that nunu is the first one to go if we ever have an apocolypse..."he is meaty" lol

Another question lol... I haven't really seen my eel eat...I've tried the turkey baster, I've tried turning all lights out then feeding even though its kinda hard to tell if he ate then, but today he hadn't been as active! Maybe its just me being a worry wart but ever since I put him in the tank hes been all over it and today he just lays at the bottom! Am I worrying for nothing?

Carolinagirl said:
Another question lol... I haven't really seen my eel eat...I've tried the turkey baster, I've tried turning all lights out then feeding even though its kinda hard to tell if he ate then, but today he hadn't been as active! Maybe its just me being a worry wart but ever since I put him in the tank hes been all over it and today he just lays at the bottom! Am I worrying for nothing?

Mine has done this. Sometimes they are lazy for awhile! What is your temp at? That could be it.

Hes been out a little bit since I posted...the temp in the tank right now is 78...had to turn the heater up last night cause it got pretty cold weather wise and I haven't adjusted back yet... what does he need the temp to be?

Carolinagirl said:
Hes been out a little bit since I posted...the temp in the tank right now is 78...had to turn the heater up last night cause it got pretty cold weather wise and I haven't adjusted back yet... what does he need the temp to be?

78 is perfect...

Honestly, i'd say he is being lazy. Mine has gonethrough stretches lile this. I cant even find mine at the moment for that matter.

I guess its sunday therefore he can be lazy like everyone else lol! Im still questioning whether or not hes eating at the moment though.

Carolinagirl said:
I guess its sunday therefore he can be lazy like everyone else lol! Im still questioning whether or not hes eating at the moment though.

Haha rest eely! Rest!

I guess just feed a large ammount right at him, and watch diligently. If that doesnt work, i suggest you buy some gloves and earthworms:)

By the way, does your eely friend have a name?

Carolinagirl said:
Lol he sure does...i named him gonzo after the muppet cause of the long nose :)

Haha thats a good one!! NuNu is the vaccum in the telly tubbies with the huge nose...lol!!!

Carolinagirl said:
Lol...sure hope you have kids to be watching Teletubbies!

Haha i guess i have no excuses then:p

I just remember the vaccum from awhile ago..i dont even think the show airs anymore lol!

Carolinagirl said:
lol! I must admit I used to watch it, but don't remember the characters!

It took some remembering on my part:)

So hows gonzo? Eating? Burrowing?

I really don't know if he's eating but he seems to be doing just fine! He's being lazy right now but he has been out all over the tank and hasn't once burrowed himself in the gravel. He lays in my dragon, but my kissing gourami won't leave him alone lol.

Carolinagirl said:
I really don't know if he's eating but he seems to be doing just fine! He's being lazy right now but he has been out all over the tank and hasn't once burrowed himself in the gravel. He lays in my dragon, but my kissing gourami won't leave him alone lol.

Lol nice, nice. Sounds good so far!

I have to say, I really think Gonzo is eating flake food. He was being lazy at the bottom of the tank inside a bridge all day long and as soon as I fed the other pigs their flake food he came rushing out and at one point I saw him eating on something! I don't put the worms in until night and I know by now there aren't any in the tank. Sooooo I dunno?! I do have a question though... Why are there foamy bubbles at the top of the tank?? I have never had them before!

Carolinagirl said:
I have to say, I really think Gonzo is eating flake food. He was being lazy at the bottom of the tank inside a bridge all day long and as soon as I fed the other pigs their flake food he came rushing out and at one point I saw him eating on something! I don't put the worms in until night and I know by now there aren't any in the tank. Sooooo I dunno?! I do have a question though... Why are there foamy bubbles at the top of the tank?? I have never had them before!

Haha that would be very weird if he was eating flakes!

Do you have enough movement in the tank?

Edit: its funny, nunu has been hiding in the gravel alot now lol! I think he is mad i took out his favorite rock;) lol

Back
Top Bottom