Suggestions for 100G Tropical Freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Makes sense to me. I haven't yet finalized what exactly I want. Just asking y'all what you would think and trying to mix them with my ideas! Here's a revised list!

10x Cory Cats
3x Zebra loaches (Or Yo-Yo)
2x Whiptail Catfish
1x Albino Longfin Pleco
10x Lemon Tetra
10x (Undecided schooling fish)
10x (Undecided top water schooling fish)
3x Neon DG
6x Angels

To much? I can always revise.

I like that list but have another idea/suggestion

Have you ever looked at boesmani rainbows? Personally some of my favorite, I have 6 in my 70g and they almost school and have amazing color. I would drop the DGs and one of the schos and add 5 or so boesmani rainbows. Here's a couple pics of them from my tank (has been redesigned since then)

Attachments

• image-2452891040.jpg
    image-2452891040.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3390664295.jpg
    image-3390664295.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 51
I've got your list below for a 100g tank and I'll post what I have in my 220g that's been running way over a year stocked like this:

10x Cory Cats - 25 Cory cats
3x Zebra loaches (Or Yo-Yo) - 3 Yo-yo loaches
2x Whiptail Catfish - 3 Whiptail cats
1x Albino Longfin Pleco - Same
10x Lemon Tetra - 25 Cardinal tetras
10x (Undecided schooling fish) - 25 Rummynose tetras
10x (Undecided top water schooling fish) - 12 Threadfin Rainbows
3x Neon DG - Same
6x Angels - 12 Adult Angels

Plus I have a school of 12 Harlequin Rasbora's

I've got your list below for a 100g tank and I'll post what I have in my 220g that's been running way over a year stocked like this:

10x Cory Cats - 25 Cory cats
3x Zebra loaches (Or Yo-Yo) - 3 Yo-yo loaches
2x Whiptail Catfish - 3 Whiptail cats
1x Albino Longfin Pleco - Same
10x Lemon Tetra - 25 Cardinal tetras
10x (Undecided schooling fish) - 25 Rummynose tetras
10x (Undecided top water schooling fish) - 12 Threadfin Rainbows
3x Neon DG - Same
6x Angels - 12 Adult Angels

Plus I have a school of 12 Harlequin Rasbora's

So that means I'm in the clear and could possible add more?

I know rivercats can speak for him/herself but that's a 220g vs 100g

I like that list but have another idea/suggestion

Have you ever looked at boesmani rainbows? Personally some of my favorite, I have 6 in my 70g and they almost school and have amazing color. I would drop the DGs and one of the schos and add 5 or so boesmani rainbows. Here's a couple pics of them from my tank (has been redesigned since then)

The rainbows don't school?

I don't have a clue what to do for a cleanup crew.

Cleanup crew is mainly for saltwater not fresh. All you need for cleanup is weekly cleanup/pwc and after a few months some algae eaters (not even needed)

So that means I'm in the clear and could possible add more?

That was to show you that your right about where you need to be in stocking. You can do roughly half of what my stock is in your size tank which is roughly half the size of mine. I also have my tank 100% planted.

I don't have a clue what to do for a cleanup crew.

Cory cats clean up the bottom as would loaches if you go with them. Or if you want a variety of snails you can just do the cory cats and skip the loaches. I can tell you that once my loaches are gone I won't replace them.

Cory cats clean up the bottom as would loaches if you go with them. Or if you want a variety of snails you can just do the cory cats and skip the loaches. I can tell you that once my loaches are gone I won't replace them.

What happened? To much uprooting?

They like to root around the base of plants and any small or shallow rooted planted like Dwarf baby tears for example get uprooted.

Okay, looks like I'm gonna scratch the loaches. Honestly, I just think it would be better especially since I its my first tank. I'm debating plecos, but if I do get one it'll be one rubber nose.

Update: scratch the loaches and angels.

We now have more wiggle room! Haha

I love my angels but they aren't for everyone. If your not doing angels then you could do rainbowfish. These are my favorite and I have an open 55 planted now that I'm thinking about putting these in there (obviously I have to wait for them to have more since this places breeds the fish they sell but they are worth the wait IMO)... Orange Albino Millenium Rainbow - Large Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale

I love my angels but they aren't for everyone. If your not doing angels then you could do rainbowfish. These are my favorite and I have an open 55 planted now that I'm thinking about putting these in there (obviously I have to wait for them to have more since this places breeds the fish they sell but they are worth the wait IMO)... Orange Albino Millenium Rainbow - Large Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale

I'm not doing Angels and loaches for these reasons. I'm not experienced enough for Angels. I know that they can become aggressive when they reach breeding age. I don't want loaches uprooting my tank. Now I can keep snails to help cleanup my tank and Shrimp!

I'm not doing Angels and loaches for these reasons. I'm not experienced enough for Angels. I know that they can become aggressive when they reach breeding age. I don't want loaches uprooting my tank. Now I can keep snails to help cleanup my tank and Shrimp!

You seem to be a smart man doing all the research ahead of time. Without the loaches and angels you have quite a bit of stocking room. What is your current stocking plan

You seem to be a smart man doing all the research ahead of time. Without the loaches and angels you have quite a bit of stocking room. What is your current stocking plan

Still not entirely sure but here's my off the top of my head list.

10x Lemon Tetra
10x (Undecided Schooling fish) (Maybe Black Tetra)
10x (Undecided Schooling fish)
10x (Undecided top water fish)
2x Whiptail catfish
10x Cory cats
2x GBR (Maybe)
A few shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom