Suggestions for T-5 HO light fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foster53

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for some input on HO T-5 light fixtures. Would like to find a decent light that won't break the bank, since I need 6 of them. Tried the Oddysea lights they're JUNK:banghead: The ballasts keep burning out. I've had 7 of them go out in a years time.

What are you doing with these fixtures, and do you need 6 fixtures, or 6 lamps in one fixture?
What size tank is it going over?

2 36" fixtures over a 125 72" tank, 148" fixture over a 40long, 136" fixture each over 2 40B, and 1 36" fixture over a 30 long. All tanks are high tech. Co2 injected, and PPS pro fert regimen.
The crazy thing is, on the 40 long, after the HO light went out, I put a twin tube NO T-8 fixture, and a T-5 NO twin tube fixture on the tank, and the plants are doing excellent. I believe the bulbs in the Oddysea fixture were not very good, even though they were only a few months old.
Guess there is something to be said for the old T-8 bulbs. Just tough to get enough of them over a tank.!!

Back
Top Bottom