Sunshine peacock cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought two peacocks a sunshine one and an ob since I have just lost my other ob :( but anyways everything seems good besides my acei being a little feisty chasing them. Has anyone ever had a sunshine peacock? My pet store never has anything cool but I thought he was pretty cool. I did have fish dieing on me lately but it's been close to a month with my four I had left and everything seems to be going really well. So hopefully it all goes good!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We have a sunshine peacock in our peacock tank. It is a young adult in full coloration and very pretty.

That's awesome, I hope mine does but it's not really looking like it.

Yeah:) hoping its a male. I did notice alittle bit of a blueish around his cheeks

I have two adults mixed with mbuna. I haven't had any issues bit I'm pretty well stocked

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1414379352053.jpg
    1414379352053.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 81
Aw urs are awesome? The only one giving my sunshine problems is my acei and I'm getting mad because I'm sure how well my sunshine is doing. And idk if she's to little to tell but I think she's a female and I'm sad lol. I wanna see the pretty colors !

It does look like a female for now, things can change in a hurry though. Mine have become tje boss of the tank so nobody messes with them. You can try removing the acei for awhile and re do the tank giving more cover to hide or brake tje line of sight . Youll also need more mbuna to make it work

Yeah, I have kind of a smaller tank a 45 gallon which is more tall than long. Which I'm now regretting getting the 60 but maybe the future. Because the only reason I bought the tank is I bought a zebra obliquen from Walmart and a Livingstoni in a 5 gallon tank not knowing. So my livingstoni died and I have my zebra left so I bought this tank. Added 6 more and than 3 from the same store died so I decided to wait to see if I had a disease but everything was going well so I decided to go buy these two peacocks. Everything seems well. I did a water change tonight and changed my decor around so we'll see what happens, I prob will remove the acei for a lil if it continues. Thanks for the advice ! :)

My sunshine peacock is getting picked on by my acei, he floats kinda at the top. Any advise besides moving decor around and removing the bully for a bit? Please help

How many ciclids are in the tank? You might need to add more to lessen the aggression.

Well I only have a 45 gallon and it's more tall than long and I have 6 right now.

I wasn't sure how many would be good... I did have 7 but some died so I was slowly adding more

Possible to post a picture to see layout of tank. Since the fish are new your Acei is declaring dominance over tank but sounds like the peacock has no where to escape.

So this is just my opinion, but looking at the tank I'd do a few things differently. The plants would go and I'd add more hard scape. Stack it high on one side especially since your tank isn't very long. Ciclids need to have plenty of hiding spots to avoid aggression. Also is that wood in tour tank or is it just decor? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414474217.656236.jpg

Posted mine to give you idea. It's possible in your tank you just have to go higher with the rock.

Okay I wanna do something like urs a lot! I bought the Sand I'm just trying to not spend a fortune on the rocks? Where would I even go about getting rocks like urs?? And I don't wanna stress the fish out while putting the sand in. I'm a newbie lol

Oh and it's just decor. I got at petsmart.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414506993.166028.jpg
This is how tank is now. I added the decor recently when I added a few new peacocks which were smaller than the other guys. Plus I have my rusty who is holding eggs.

I got the rocks from the river bed nearby, I had to reposition them after they shifted sand all over. That first picture was when I first added the rock. In your tank you just need to give then more spots to hide, but still give them swimming room on one side. If need be you can fill entire length of tank up about half way with decor and rocks leaving top half for swimming.

Back
Top Bottom