Sunshine peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
the breeder told me he's a "sunshine peacock" when I look that up on the forum peacock page he's like purplish, yellow, brown (which I really like) but breeder also said he's benga yellow type sunshine which I don't think is right looking at the forum page. Anyone following me or know the difference.. =) what do think he will grow up to look like?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130621_193222.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_193222.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20130621_193323.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_193323.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20130621_193419.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_193419.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 76
the breeder told me he's a "sunshine peacock" when I look that up on the forum peacock page he's like purplish, yellow, brown (which I really like) but breeder also said he's benga yellow type sunshine which I don't think is right looking at the forum page. Anyone following me or know the difference.. =) what do think he will grow up to look like?

He needs some more time to color up, but he should look like mine

Attachments

• image-2043233180.jpg
    image-2043233180.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 83
he's pretty, how long does it take for color to show? mine are btwn
3.5 - 4 in.

he's pretty, how long does it take for color to show? mine are btwn
3.5 - 4 in.

Thank you ma'am, and you might wanna check that length measurement because he should be pretty vibrant already if he's 3"-4" and just give him a few months, what are you feeding him..?

yw I could be wrong.. guess it's hard to tell =) maybe around 3 is more accurate. I would guess my red empress is about 3 with no color.

cobalt flakes only.. I had pellets, top fin crappy ones, I haven't given them since Hukit told me they were trash. Could be why my Vinny the noose (venustus) died or maybe was parasite idk, he died the day after I gave first treatment. =(

cobalt flakes only.. I had pellets, top fin crappy ones, I haven't given them since Hukit told me they were trash. Could be why my Vinny the noose (venustus) died or maybe was parasite idk, he died the day after I gave first treatment. =(

Dang sorry for your loss, I'm giving em dainichi color fx all my lfs recommend it it's what they use, it comes it's a resealable bag, I have medium pellets for my peacocks and small sinkers for my mbuna and afra oh an my cray they love the stuff.

I wouldn't waste your time on anything besides NLS.

It's all personal preference really, whatever works for your fish and your happy with, to me it's like reg unleaded, plus, and super, of course super is the shiz but reg does the job and plus is better, but it's all up to the user, I'm just trying this out because its what my lfs use and it's reasonably priced.

Run of the mill fish food, there is nothing special in their ingredient list. Better than the low end stuff like Tetra or API but certainly not the best either.

Here is there list in the cichlid formula: INGREDIENTS: White fish meal, wheat germ, wheat flour, shrimp, spirulina, soybean meal, krill, brewers yeast, calcium montmorillonite clay, powdered milk, vitamin mix, mineral mix, garlic, protease and natural gum.

They don't even take the time to break down their vitamin list, I'm not a fan of two of the first ingredients are binding agents, and the use of montmorillonite clay in fish food is debatable.

Like HUKIT stated in another thread there's nothing special about it. For a few bucks more I rather get something like NLS that I know is the best prepared food I can offer my fish. I buy my NLS on Amazon for a very reasonable price.

Like HUKIT stated in another thread there's nothing special about it. For a few bucks more I rather get something like NLS that I know is the best prepared food I can offer my fish. I buy my NLS on Amazon for a very reasonable price.

Well that's new, it was hard for me to find the regular one all I found was the red and I don't want that, maybe ill try that next but no lfs has nls that's why I went with what they use.

Well that's new, it was hard for me to find the regular one all I found was the red and I don't want that, maybe ill try that next but no lfs has nls that's why I went with what they use.

Petco carries the small jars for about $6-8 bucks which will last a couple of months. Buying larger jars on amazon or kens fish is the best way to go IMO.

Petco carries the small jars for about $6-8 bucks which will last a couple of months. Buying larger jars on amazon or kens fish is the best way to go IMO.

Petco? I hate that vile store, probably why I haven't gone to look for it there, when I finish this pouch ill gather up some courage and head out there thanks!

Petco? I hate that vile store, probably why I haven't gone to look for it there, when I finish this pouch ill gather up some courage and head out there thanks!

I don't care to go to their either but when I need NLS in a pinch I go in there just for that or when they have their $1 a gallon sale.

I don't care to go to their either but when I need NLS in a pinch I go in there just for that or when they have their $1 a gallon sale.

When I that anyway? I've been waiting to pick up a 125 and btw this is what I'm feeding my cichlids currently

Attachments

• image-1185917300.jpg
    image-1185917300.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 41
They only include 10, 20L /20H, 29, 40B and 55 gallons in that sale. The next one should be in July if I remember right.

Thwarted again by petco! Well I wouldn't mind a 55g for my bedroom, and this is tanks only correct..? No hoods, no filters, no stands..?

Back
Top Bottom