Tanked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gregcoyote said:
I thought the koi tank was very nice.

50 koi in 10,000 gallons? it looked nice though
I wonder what happens when all 100 koi end up in the lower pond from jumping

I'm watching the koi pond episode and noticed that the trivia question is sponsored by walmart. Like walmart knows anything about fish keeping!

The thing that made me mad was Tracy Morgan's statement that he would have a few years before he had to give them to an aquarium? I mean, does it ever come across their minds that maybe they shouldn't be buying fish that they can't keep long term? And then every single "problem" they have is so obviously scripted and unoriginal. There's always floating decor or a leaky pipe and it always gets fixed within ten minutes. I watch the show with my family and usually get dirty looks since I basically spend the show criticizing everything they do wrong.

I did like the Petco tank though. That was pretty impressive. :)

It's so obviously scripted (and poorly at that), I watched about 10 minutes of it before I got bored. I don't think they could make installing a tank setup any more 'dramatic'.

Bingo!

The same people that think this Tanked show is realistic must also believe those Storage Wars and Repo shows are all real and not scripted either. Don't even get me started on how fake those are......

With Tanked we get a view of how the 1% live and how they have it so "rough" when wanting a luxury item installed. Man, the other 99% of us wish we had such hard times. :rolleyes:

hpiguy said:
Bingo!

The same people that think this Tanked show is realistic must also believe those Storage Wars and Repo shows are all real and not scripted either. Don't even get me started on how fake those are......

With Tanked we get a view of how the 1% live and how they have it so "rough" when wanting a luxury item installed. Man, the other 99% of us wish we had such hard times. :rolleyes:

Yes the show is scripted. Blame the producers not the tanked guys. Their show is a job just like building tanks is a job.

Some of those 1% customers have very stressful and dangerous jobs. Car crashes and debilitating sports injuries are a real threat. Even just living with the fear of having them can be called hard times, not to mention the pressure. Even actors can't go out or eat out without constant interruption or a disguise. It's no wonder some of them want a nice fish tank to relax in front of at home. *sigh* Always easier to criticize than to understand.

Yes the show is scripted. Blame the producers not the tanked guys. Their show is a job just like building tanks is a job.

Some of those 1% customers have very stressful and dangerous jobs. Car crashes and debilitating sports injuries are a real threat. Even just living with the fear of having them can be called hard times, not to mention the pressure. Even actors can't go out or eat out without constant interruption or a disguise. It's no wonder some of them want a nice fish tank to relax in front of at home. *sigh* Always easier to criticize than to understand.

Sweet! Let's take a joke and turn it into a social argument. :popcorn:

It wasn't meant to me taken that way. I apologize if it personally upset you that much.

You can't expect much when the customers don't even know whether their tank is saltwater or freshwater

Still a great show to watch

Saratj1 said:
Tanked did a full reef episode it was the feng shui tank, it was probably my fav episode, it was an awesome tank.

I loved that episode but the Chinese family didn't seem to know anything so I'm afraid how the tank is doing now...

I'm pretty sure ATM sends people for maintenance when the buyer can't take care of the tank. You would have it maintained to if your were a millionaire, super busy and still wanted a beautiful tank to look at when you were home.

Btw who has the time to take care of a 20ft shark tank.....

I finally got animal planet! It just showed up on my guide one day. So now I can finally watch tanked. Watching the koi pond episode right now!

I would sure have them build me a tank, but then that would be it. Watched the new episode last night where they emphasized their live sand and bio-accelerator would allow fish to be added without acclimation or tank cycle time. They build nice tanks. Let's leave it there with their evident expertise in the biology of what they do. I cring every time I see them dump fish into a tank that hasn't even cleared up yet. Maybe the producers of the show edit it in a way that doesn't reflect the real efforts they take to keep the livestock alive long term.

When we went to fish shows, we set up temporary tanks for display and then tore them down days later. The fish and coral never really had time to adjust and since it was for just a few days, it was generally okay once they got back into our big system. But long term care is another matter.

I imagine that they tell people what to do to care for their fish and coral. I can't imagine that they would have a good business if everything they put in a tank died. I'm sure they have connections with local fish stores and maintenance crews and make the new tank owners aware that they have to either do tank maintenance themselves or have someone else come do it. The producers edit the show in a way to show the awesome tanks and some of the "hardships" the tanked crew goes through to create them. There is not really alot of "meat" to the show and I thought it was kind of boring. I could fast forward through the show and just see the tanks when they are finished at the end. The show is a cool concept. I think it needs some work though. As for their methods on BB and how they cycle the tanks instantly- its a matter of opinion as to wether or not live sand is a waste of money and BB in a bottle really works. Some people here think it works while others say its a waste. And as for letting the owners pick out their own fish, from the few shows I've seen, these tanks are show pieces. The businesses getting them aren't interested in the hours of research it takes to stock a tank. They have money to pay someone else for the trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom