Tanked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am old school. I have never found a "instant" saltwater biological additive that worked any better than seeding a few pieces of live rock and waiting a bit. The live sand I saw them adding looked to be in dry bags and would seem to have little biology going on there. Again, I like their traditional tanks, but their theme tanks are as worthless as the choppers they build on American Chopper. A giant bubble gum machine fish tank in the Vegas outdoors is asking for trouble. And some of them look impossible to clean.

I've been watching a few episodes in HD ever since I got this giant new TV. It's grown on me compared to how I felt earlier.

When you step back and realize it's scripted reality, then it's OK. I disliked the show at first, but gave it a shot for watching just the aquarium stuff. The made up drama between the people sucks though. I ignore that stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new episode on Sat the 15th, with Neal Patrick Harris and his Houdini tank. Ought to be worth watching.

hpiguy said:
I've been watching a few episodes in HD ever since I got this giant new TV. It's grown on me compared to how I felt earlier.

When you step back and realize it's scripted reality, then it's OK. I disliked the show at first, but gave it a shot for watching just the aquarium stuff. The made up drama between the people sucks though. I ignore that stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new episode on Sat the 15th, with Neal Patrick Harris and his Houdini tank. Ought to be worth watching.

Are you kidding me!? Anything with NPH is worth watching!

I agree- the constant joking and "put downs" between the cast is annoying. But I can ignore that enough to see the amazing tanks they build! I wish they'd have CUC's. That would be fun to see.

Sitting in the ER w/ my daughter (she hurt her arm) and I'm thinking this waiting room needs a big old' reef tank with some reAlly bright fish.

I have to admit the guys are pretty hilarious but they do not practice good fish keeping habits.. I mean who is stupid enough to put a fish tank in a window

She has probably broken her forearm... They've ordered X-rays. They need a fish mural painted on the wall in this exam room.

Bearchumjs said:
She has probably broken her forearm... They've ordered X-rays. They need a fish mural painted on the wall in this exam room.

Would be nice until someone with Ichthyophobia was admitted.

Uncle Dirty said:
Its a 13" tv and they are talking about albino sharks and bala sharks!

And regular rainbow sharks!!!!! They said it would be an easy beginner tank- sure it will when there are a bunch of 5-12 inch fish in there and dead ones due to aggression- and they are adding guppies!!!!!

I saw this episode too. Had to be what 6 sharks and 4 guppies in a 6-10 gallon uncycled tank. And it's a great beginners tank lol. I guess it'll be easier to maintain after all but 1 fish dies

Not a fan of the 8 gallon TV tank. Way overstocked.

Hopefully the payara they put in the Houdini tank aren't the ones that get four feet long and eat everything they see.

Plus, this episode was one of the most scripted I've seen. From the dress code issue to the fake water leak (that was really insulting to anyone's intelligence to think the leak was real) to the cat he supposedly leaves locked in his office. If it's going to keep up like that, then I'll stop watching. That's what happens when producers stick their noses in and kill a show with fake drama.

Back
Top Bottom