Taotronics 120w led on a 30g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely! I found out its going to take a little longer to ship, it is going half way around the world lol. It said it would be here may 5 to may 21st. Im a little annoyed with the time it will take but it's free shipping.

I got my LEDs!!!! They look awesome. I just finished hanging them and the tank shimmers now! It is soo cool. The blues are crazy, the tank glows with them at 50%. Right now I'm on 50/40 because I like the blue a little more. I'll be upping it daily until it gets perfect. It's hanging about 8" above and runs pretty cool. The fans help a ton. I'll be posting a vid and some pics some point soon. I recommend these fixtures to anyone!!!

I'll be getting these lights soon I found out they ship to canada I just have to go directly to the site now if only my 50 would sell so I could have some extra coin. My tank is 70 gallons 4 feet long and 2 feet deep is 3 fixtures the right amount or could I get away with 2?

Compared to my t5s, yes. I don't really hear it though because of the sounds of my sump. Its just the fan making noise.

needmorecowbell said:
Compared to my t5s, yes. I don't really hear it though because of the sounds of my sump. Its just the fan making noise.

oh that sucks I would hate to have a loud fan i love just hearing the running water

It's really not bad at all. I can barely hear it unless my power heads and protein skimmer is off. It's more of a smooth sound.

needmorecowbell said:

Here's my video review of them.

Thanks for the review. It was great. How did u acclimate the lights? How high are they from your tank. How much area does one cover?

I will ask u in a week what u like and don't like.

I get paid on 30th. So I will order them next week.

Heera said:
Thanks for the review. It was great. How did u acclimate the lights? How high are they from your tank. How much area does one cover?

I will ask u in a week what u like and don't like.

I get paid on 30th. So I will order them next week.

No problem, glad you liked it! They are dimmable so I had them at 50:50 and slowly raised it. I'm maxed with sps at 65:65 right now but I'm sure I'll go higher. I have mine about a foot above it.. It ideal to have it 8" I think. It covers my whole tank and some right now.. The higher it is from your tank, the more surface is covered, but less intense.

Haha thanks cosmo. I looovee these lights. I can actually see weekly growth in sps, which I always thought was a myth lol.

With these taotronics led fixtures if a bulb goes out can it b replaced?

Oh really? How? I would love to know, that would mean I could change out the diodes for some uv and cyan there.

Back
Top Bottom