Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice tanks. :) (y). Which one is the 5 gal nano SW? I love pic 1 and pic 7. ;)

The blue one :) corals are on the ground because a few days ago a bristle worm came out and I had to catch it and tore my tank up in the process. I have a few leather coral frags with neon green color but they are in my 29 right now cuz my worm problem

The gold tetra is just a pic cuz I have five and love them sorry all the lights are off cuz it's nighttime. U should check out my YouTube channel I have lots of vids :)

Attachments

• image-2890001815.jpg
    image-2890001815.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 43
What fish are to planning to put in the brackish aquarium? What type of plants?

I plan on putting a few fiddler crabs or fiddlers with red claw crabs if I can. I hear its hard to house different crabs species cuz they fight (of course) but I've seen some cases where they live together peacefully.i plan on putting no more than 2-3 crabs in my tank. Should they live together peacefully. Then I plan on putting different colored mollies ( Dalmatian mollies, red, etc.) and maybe a Pleco OR ghost shrimp if it can adjust.

As for plants I've only owned a moss ball in the past (but that was torn to shreds by my fish then the left overs caused a mass invasion of algae in my tank :( ). so I dont know what to put in. Sense I normally don't have a ton of time on hands anyways I might just consider sticking to fake ones. I don't really know the advantages and disadvantages to owning live plants.

I plan on putting a few fiddler crabs or fiddlers with red claw crabs if I can. I hear its hard to house different crabs species cuz they fight (of course) but I've seen some cases where they live together peacefully.i plan on putting no more than 2-3 crabs in my tank. Should they live together peacefully. Then I plan on putting different colored mollies ( Dalmatian mollies, red, etc.) and maybe a Pleco OR ghost shrimp if it can adjust.

As for plants I've only owned a moss ball in the past (but that was torn to shreds by my fish then the left overs caused a mass invasion of algae in my tank :( ). so I dont know what to put in. Sense I normally don't have a ton of time on hands anyways I might just consider sticking to fake ones. I don't really know the advantages and disadvantages to owning live plants.

If those are FW crabs then I'd just be careful with aggression and make sure the tank is tall with lots of amazon swords and horn worts and such. If its SW I'd recommend a 3 day drip aclimatipn process for the mollies to adjust to saltwater.

If those are FW crabs then I'd just be careful with aggression and make sure the tank is tall with lots of amazon swords and horn worts and such. If its SW I'd recommend a 3 day drip aclimatipn process for the mollies to adjust to saltwater.

For air I plan on adding a special thing called underwater Atlantis islands. And the crabs I'm getting are brackish. There's no such thing as a freshwater crab. Fiddlers die if you leave them in freshwater too long.

For air I plan on adding a special thing called underwater Atlantis islands. And the crabs I'm getting are brackish. There's no such thing as a freshwater crab. Fiddlers die if you leave them in freshwater too long.

Very cool, the only crabs I've had are hermit crabs and emerald crabs xD

Zach,13,Florida

Been keeping my own tanks since I was 5yrs old;) 1st tank was a 20g then a 10g then dropped both for my current 46g.

My dads had aquariums since he was 5 (about) and now he's 50 :eek!: I'm carrying on the legacy;)

I'm doing a Congo biotope(kinda) with the 46g

And want to start breeding bettas

Zach,13,Florida

Been keeping my own tanks since I was 5yrs old;) 1st tank was a 20g then a 10g then dropped both for my current 46g.

My dads had aquariums since he was 5 (about) and now he's 50 :eek!: I'm carrying on the legacy;)

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy the forum. can all of us see some pics of your tanks?

Zach,13,Florida

Ooh I'd love to breed my baby betta mikoto but she's only a few months along about half a inch, weighing at 5 grams after feeding(joking of course) lol but let me know how it goes!

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy the forum. can all of us see some pics of your tanks?

image-3223892248.jpg

These are the newest ones I have

I plan on having:
1 spotted African leaffish
1 butterfly fish
1 African Knifefish
2 upside down cats
1 syndontis occelaris-sp check that one;)
3 austrailian rainbows
1 pearl gourami
1 flying fox (may be an SAE)
3 clown loaches that will go to a bigger tank when they need to(they are at 2.5-3.5in)

I know it sounds like alot but I think it will work

image-2900458597.jpg

The rest of photos...

It started like this

image-1493987353.jpg

It's come a long way!

Attachments

• image-2574702388.jpg
    image-2574702388.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image-1241352809.jpg
    image-1241352809.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image-3186287362.jpg
    image-3186287362.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image-659175991.jpg
    image-659175991.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image-716979712.jpg
    image-716979712.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 19

I plan on having:
1 butterfly fish
1 African Knifefish
2 upside down cats
3 austrailian rainbows
1 pearl gourami
3 clown loaches that will go to a bigger tank when they need to(they are at 2.5-3.5in)

The rest of photos...

It started like this

It's come a long way!

Hey Zach! Awesome tank! Sounds like a cool stock too!

I plan on having:
1 butterfly fish
1 African Knifefish
2 upside down cats
3 austrailian rainbows
1 pearl gourami

The rest of photos...

It started like this

It's come a long way!

Very cool fish tank!! It certaintly has come a long way!! Very pretty fish too. :)

I plan on having:
1 butterfly fish
1 African Knifefish
2 upside down cats
3 austrailian rainbows
1 pearl gourami

The rest of photos...

It started like this

It's come a long way!

Just be careful I'm pretty sure pearl gouramies get around 5-6 inches, the one I used to have was 3 inches and I only had him for around a year

I plan on having:
1 butterfly fish
1 African Knifefish
2 upside down cats
3 austrailian rainbows
1 pearl gourami

The rest of photos...

It started like this

It's come a long way!

So you are trying to get all the fish in that list or do you already have them? I love your stock. It's like a mix of peaceful, semi-aggressive, and full aggressive! Your tank looks awesome. I have always wanted an African butterfly fish. It's been my dream fish ( sort of ).

Just be careful I'm pretty sure pearl gouramies get around 5-6 inches, the one I used to have was 3 inches and I only had him for around a year

Yeah. They do get 5-6". One of the bigger gouramis. But they look awesome when large. It's almost like you put that gourami under a microscope. :)

Hi everyone! I'm Tamar - 18. (19 in 3 weeks and 4 days, no I am definitely not counting...) I live in the UK!

Well, I did have 3 fish tanks. Then I had to be a grown up and get a job :( So I didn't have enough time. I haven't had any fish for about a year now but I am looking to get back into it! I previously had a marine tank but I think I will start with tropical. (Picture is my previous tank)

Attachments

• image-3790412068.jpg
    image-3790412068.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 24
Hi everyone! I'm Tamar - 18. (19 in 3 weeks and 4 days, no I am definitely not counting...) I live in the UK!

Well, I did have 3 fish tanks. Then I had to be a grown up and get a job :( So I didn't have enough time. I haven't had any fish for about a year now but I am looking to get back into it! I previously had a marine tank but I think I will start with tropical. (Picture is my previous tank)

Welcome! That sucks :( dont worry youll have another tank in no time :)

Back
Top Bottom