Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
15 neons
5 leopard cories
1 clown plec
6 hatchets ( silver or marbled ? )

Sounds like a really good stocking list for a 30 gal. It has fish for every level of the tank. Will it be planted or just rocks and fake plants?

Hard to pick, I like silvers because of there size, but I think marbles have better colors. Mine have never jumped either.

Same here. I read on the petsmart's hatchetfish plaque that they jump to get there food and that was one of the reasons I got them. But they only open the mouths and swallow the flakes. :(
Marbled = cooler colors
Silver = size

Same here. I read on the petsmart's hatchetfish plaque that they jump to get there food and that was one of the reasons I got them. But they only open the mouths and swallow the flakes. :(
Marbled = cooler colors
Silver = size

I would love to add some marbles to my school though, if I could find them

15 neons
5 leopard cories
1 clown plec
6 hatchets ( silver or marbled ? )

Sounds like a really good stocking list for a 30 gal. It has fish for every level of the tank. Will it be planted or just rocks and fake plants?

Planted. Ill have some silk plants too and some plastic decor but it will be mainly natural. Ill probs have a piece of driftwood in there too. And I was thinking Silver Hatchets.

Planted. Ill have some silk plants too and some plastic decor but it will be mainly natural. Ill probs have a piece of driftwood in there too. And I was thinking Silver Hatchets.

What kind of plants are you keeping? What kind if driftwood?
Your future tank already is forming a pic in my mind. :D

What kind of plants are you keeping? What kind if driftwood?
Your future tank already is forming a pic in my mind. :D

I was thinking maybe some swords, aponogetons, onion, water lily and some java moss and I don't know what you mean by what type of driftwood... I thought it was all the same?

I was thinking maybe some swords, aponogetons, onion, water lily and some java moss and I don't know what you mean by what type of driftwood... I thought it was all the same?

Like are you gonna get driftwood from your backyard or order a specific kind of driftwood? ( malaysian driftwood, manzanita driftwood, bogwood, etc, etc )
Are you gonna get a water lily that has lily pads and flowers that reaches to the top of the water or get one like tiger lotus?

Like are you gonna get driftwood from your backyard or order a specific kind of driftwood? ( malaysian driftwood, manzanita driftwood, bogwood, etc, etc )
Are you gonna get a water lily that has lily pads and flowers that reaches to the top of the water or get one like tiger lotus?

I was thinking water lily with lily pads and bogwood because that's the only kind my LFS sells. (I can't get any from my backyard cause I don't have one :p)

Ok so my second question I mentions a while ago is about my 55 I have had my cichlids in there for a Long time and I'm getting bored with them losing interest they kill any new cichlids put in there and eat and killed any plants and are draining my wallet and I am just done so I was wondering your guys opion if I should keep them or get different fish or do something totally different like a peaceful planted community tank which is different so yeah I'm torn my mom hates cichlids she thinks they are mean I kinda feel bad letting them go I have a good home for them but idk I'm just confused what do you think ?
Freshwater_King

Ok so my second question I mentions a while ago is about my 55 I have had my cichlids in there for a Long time and I'm getting bored with them losing interest they kill any new cichlids put in there and eat and killed any plants and are draining my wallet and I am just done so I was wondering your guys opion if I should keep them or get different fish or do something totally different like a peaceful planted community tank which is different so yeah I'm torn my mom hates cichlids she thinks they are mean I kinda feel bad letting them go I have a good home for them but idk I'm just confused what do you think ?
Freshwater_King

Get new world cichlids haha.

Back
Top Bottom