Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got him from pet smart, they had a lot of nice breeds, like butterfly, dragon, and double tail. But i prefer a more solid color on bettas. So I bought this guy he is a rose petal betta.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What so jealous. Can't believe that's a store bought fish. All I ever see are crowntails or veiltails.

Either way he is really nice. Are you considering breeding? You could try and go for lighter colourings. He has the pigments for it.

What so jealous. Can't believe that's a store bought fish. All I ever see are crowntails or veiltails.

Either way he is really nice. Are you considering breeding? You could try and go for lighter colourings. He has the pigments for it.

Not yet. But during summer If I get bored, I might experiment. I'm already mixing a gbr with a betta. This is skeptical for many but I've seen it done. I'll see how it goes, so far they don't seem to mind each other. I haven't seen any flaring.

I also got my betta from petco, I might put some pictures up later. Have your bettas shred their own fins doing something before? Mine shreds his all the time despite being in a planted tank with a snail. I don't know how he does it lol

I also got my betta from petco, I might put some pictures up later. Have your bettas shred their own fins doing something before? Mine shreds his all the time despite being in a planted tank with a snail. I don't know how he does it lol

Never seen that. I have 3 Bettas.
- 1 in 10 gal with 6 neon tetras
- 1 in 10 gal with a couple guppies
- 1 in 3.7 gal alone
All heated/ filtered/ well planted

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bettas will eat thier fins if they annoy the betta. I've never had it happen but I have heard about it.

Yeah they aren't rips, they are like chunks lol

I haven't seen any fins floating around and I noticed I will come back from my dads and his tummy will be rounder than when he hasn't eaten. I can see him eating them because this fugger eats everything. When I had amanos in the tank he would eat their cucumber, zuchinni, everything! He also ate detritus worms, a nerite egg (tried to), and hair algae.

That being said, I don't mind if he is eating his fins. Sure he could look nicer, but if that makes him happier then it is alright.

My Betta ripped his fins when I was gone for a while over the summer, I think he was lonely. I'm sure there are other causes too.

Male. German. Blue. Rams. Seriously, they're cursed. ANOTHER DIED. The only GBRs that have survived are Petsmart females. Go Petsmart.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

My male is about to die, he has pop eye and is very bloated

What's the best carpet plant in you guys' opinion?

Only carpet plant I've personally grown was narrow leaf Chainsword. ?

Only carpet I have tried is staurogyne repens. They have started growing in and look nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think all of us teens generally lack the funds to supply enough co2 and light for a carpet. I've tried micro sword

I think glosso or hc look really effective I'm wanting to find some downoi and some s repens for my tank. Seems to be the craze at the moment.

My betta died today, I got really sick during the week and wasn't really checking on him. He looked bloated so I guess I may have over fed once, I think I want to try a RCS colony before getting a new betta, want to look for a big eared plakat or halfmoon

I think all of us teens generally lack the funds to supply enough co2 and light for a carpet. I've tried micro sword

I think glosso or hc look really effective I'm wanting to find some downoi and some s repens for my tank. Seems to be the craze at the moment.

My betta died today, I got really sick during the week and wasn't really checking on him. He looked bloated so I guess I may have over fed once, I think I want to try a RCS colony before getting a new betta, want to look for a big eared plakat or halfmoon

The secret to acquiring all the supplies for a high tech is to save up a butt load of gift cards and then knock out all the expensive stuff with em :D
That's what I'm doing with my high tech five gallon build. Of course with ref season starting up in a couple weeks I'll start makin some money that'll go towards the tank but I will be putting a chunk of it away for a new car.

Back
Top Bottom