Tell me it isn’t restarting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AANewbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I am a newbie, I got a new tank December 23, and added 5 guppies from pets smart. Unfortunately all my guppies died and I have learned a lot, I mean ALOT about cycling. I chose to continue with a fishless cycle. My tank was nearing the end of the cycling process no ammonia, nitrites decreasing... it was beautiful! But then this!!!!!!

My ammonia is slowly creeping up, my nitrites are 0 and my nitrates are 0.

What the actual!!!! I keep a fish log (sorry nerd alert) so if you can please look at my data and let me know what you think I’ve done wrong. I have a 20 gallon tank (top fin), no fish. I add a pinch of flakes everyday, and vacuumed 10-30% every week because it was looking gross!

It was my plan to get fish tomorrow.... is there any chance this is just a blip?

Just keep an eye on it. If you get fish, get something cheap and more hardy than guppies, like zebra danios. I used the same school of them to cycle several tanks and they survived them all, lol

Thanks! I think it was a blip! I tested today and 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites unfortunately also 0 nitrates. But I think I’m finally cycled!!!

Back
Top Bottom