The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And they are still laying. I have 3 clutches in the tank now. Here's a pic of one. IMG_0911.jpg

That gives me plenty of time to figure out my plan of action. I don't think I could bring myself to throw out the egg clutches... I do have a spare 10 gallon that I could move the babies to, if needed.

I don't keep track. Lots of factors come into play. How many are in the tank at the same time. Are there any predators. How much am I willing to overfeed to increase survival rate. Which also means how often am I going to have to change water. Last year I had less adults and clutches and I was very focused and rehomed 300. This year I have more clutches but less dedication, I am letting them hatch in my main tank so some have got to be fish snacks. I expect I will land about 300 again.

I was there the other week on the way home from taking my brother to the airport. Their plants are gorgeous. I couldn't resist buying a few.

The shrimp I added 7/14 lasted 5 days. I had removed the kaleidoscope jasper the end of June and done a 75% PWC 2 weeks before he was added and 50% one week before. Today I removed some more items and did another huge water change. Going to change large amounts for the next 2 weeks and then back on the regular schedule. Will try another shrimp in early Sept.

Sorry to hear that, if it's not one thing going bad it's multiple!

Keep growing those clutches of snails, I'm gonna need to buy some when the big tank gets resealed.

Keep growing those clutches of snails, I'm gonna need to buy some when the big tank gets resealed.

You just say the word when your ready.
Whatever it is doesn't seem to bother Mystery or Malaysian Trumpets. Ramshorns last a few weeks. Shrimp under 1.

Still cleaning out the tank, been a busy couple weeks getting ready for grandchildren and sons college. Lol

It's organic. It takes 2-3 minutes of blanching in spring water to soften it up a bit.

I did my PWC yesterday and we had company. They were very impressed with the snails. Lol

Another big water change today and vacuum. Added some wood to replace all of the rock and ceramic and other decor removed a few weeks ago.

Tied the Nana to it and a bit of Buce.

Waiting till Sept 1 to add one more Shrimp test pilot. IMG_1380.jpg

Back
Top Bottom