Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:

But, whatever you would like to do is cool.

I just think..ok, eventually your probably going to want alot more corals, and 30 gallons is pretty small. Then youll have 3 colonies of the same coral taking up space. JMO

Ya, your right. I would rather frag a bunch and sell them at once instead of at different times and theyd be different sizes.

Scooters are like mandarins, they eat pods. Need established tank and all that.

TLTGF said:
Scooters are like mandarins, they eat pods. Need established tank and all that.

Oh really? I never knew that! Thanks for the info!

I still say a ground dweller. You should get a YWG and some shrimp ;)

Lol I keep forgetting about shrimps! I was thinking a yellow watchmen goby, kinda a ground dweller. I'll be honest, the tank is a little boring with the cardinal, he barely moves. I need some more interesting stuff in it. The clown is pretty cool but I can't watch him for hours ;).

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I keep forgetting about shrimps! I was thinking a yellow watchmen goby, kinda a ground dweller. I'll be honest, the tank is a little boring with the cardinal, he barely moves. I need some more interesting stuff in it. The clown is pretty cool but I can't watch him for hours ;).

Oh i forgot you had a cardinal..hmm, maybe i wont get one?

How bougt a royal gramma? Those guys can move!

I just don't want too much action in the middle. A happy medium between a hyper fish and a super calm fish. Kinda like a clown. I know I can't get the wrasse yet which would be perfect. I'm thinking of going towards a more hyper fish. And don't let my review of the cardinal through you off, they are beautiful fish, just quiet.

Kinda depends. I have some zooa frags I got saturday and some are still not open. :-( Are the rest of the polyps open or is it the whole coral not opening?

Most of the polyps are open. It's just the ones that are off colored on the frag. It might be a different type of zoa though.

Update

My corals are growing fast! My Xenia has 10 new heads on the place they cut it! Also, the smaller heads on the acans are bigger.I have a film of debris on my water.. Should I get a powerhead to resolve this or what?

Personally I hate you since I'm stuck in coral limbo. They are upset and I can't figure out the problem from work.

You don't already have a PH? You should most def have a PH to point at the surface to keep air exchange good. In my 36 I have a 750 and a 550 that I wish was a second 750.

Sniperhank said:
Personally I hate you since I'm stuck in coral limbo. They are upset and I can't figure out the problem from work.

You don't already have a PH? You should most def have a PH to point at the surface to keep air exchange good. In my 36 I have a 750 and a 550 that I wish was a second 750.

Haha I'll probably have a problem at some point also, it's just something that is expected in the hobby. Keeping a logbook helps point out problems in the tank. I only have a filter that pumps out a flow that is pretty strong. Is it 750 gph? I don't want to skimp out on the ph I actually need.

needmorecowbell said:
Haha I'll probably have a problem at some point also, it's just something that is expected in the hobby. Keeping a logbook helps point out problems in the tank. I only have a filter that pumps out a flow that is pretty strong. Is it 750 gph? I don't want to skimp out on the ph I actually need.

I have 2 750's and that still isnt a whole bunvh of flow. You definitly need a powerhead imo.

Congrats on the corals! I would love to see a pic of that xenia

I'll try but I'm not going to be able to take a pic right now. I might make a trip to buy a powerhead today. I gotta check the prices though.

Back
Top Bottom