This cichlid needs help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here we go, this is what i think:
1)M
2)F
3)M
4)M
5)M
6)F
7)F
8)F
9)M
10)F
11)M
12)F
13)F
14)M, because of tapering of fins
15)M, if it is a BN then i sorta see male bristles
was this what u originally thought? am i very wrong? xx

Hmmmm...a little different than what thought. I would have had:

1) F
2) F
3) M
4) F
5) M
6) F
7) F
8) M
9) M
10) F
11) F
12) M
13) F
And then no clue about the jack or pleco.

im only working on pics, u can see the bahaviour and all angles :)
the 2nd one i meant to put F sorry! i thought it had a nice female shape and colour.
the others that was what i got, but again i dont watch them alot.
are there any u r very defo sure about?

No doubt on the livingstonii, ventustus, or flamebacks. The zebras I'm not real sure about or the Fuelleborni. Never had any idea one way or the other about Jack.

Mcass said:
Alrighty. Well l thought maybe I would try posting one pic of each fish in the tank to see if the sexes can be determined just to make sure I am right. So here it goes! Let me know if I'm off on what I think I have.

You got some gorgeous looking fish there :) can I ask what the fish in the 14th pic is?? Love the look of him.
Hope you work it all out, good luck :)

He is a Jack Dempsey. He was actually the first fish I got. That was about 2 years ago. He was about 3" long when I got him and now he is about 8-9".

This is kinda weird though. I have never seen any signs of aggression from him until I read your thread just now. I just happened to look up and he is chasing several of my other fish. I'm going to have to pay attention to this!

Hmmm.. He is really glueing in on the blue Fuelleborni. I wonder what has gotten into him? He has never done this before.

Well unfortunately the peppered Fuelleborni and the young female livingstonni didn't make it. I thought they would recover in the hospital tank but after two days they were floating.

Mcass said:
Well unfortunately the peppered Fuelleborni and the young female livingstonni didn't make it. I thought they would recover in the hospital tank but after two days they were floating.

That stinks! Sorry for the loss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom