Tiger oscar tankmates ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there en echo in here yes I realize it's over stocked not like I can just go buy a 300g tan with out clearing it with my landlord as I'm in an apartment second floor let them a message and if I can't my lease is up in a few months anyways so rent a house get bigger tank all good

Than your asking the wrong questions or asking questions with incomplete information

Ex Tank mates for oscars in a 300g

Current stock
2 oscars
2 common placos

I didn't realize my tank was over stocked till it started this topic so see did take advise and I did get rid of two Africans anyways I'm at the point where I feel what ever I say on here is going to get taken the wrong way or used against me so if some one could delete this whole mess of a topic that would be great

I didn't realize my tank was over stocked till it started this topic so see did take advise and I did get rid of two Africans anyways I'm at the point where I feel what ever I say on here is going to get taken the wrong way or used against me so if some one could delete this whole mess of a topic that would be great

We are here to help just ask more complete questions and you will get better answers give us a better pic of the problem.
Remember we are not seeing it in person so the more information you provide the better we can answer

Lol hey at least these fish experts and pets stores I talked to where nice and could talk to them for over 20 minutes and I dont get called dumb or cruel I'm sure people wouldn't be coping attitude or calling people cruel to there face and like I have stated 80g wasn't planned on long term and not that I got some other advise I'll be looking at 300g drilled for sump

:) I caught your whole question, including the upgrade you planned on doing, hence my stance on an 80g being okay, but a lot of work

I all ready know what happens when you listen to fish stores lost a 200 dollar sting ray think I wanted that nope but when you get back and forth answers and advice what do you do no wonder not as many people own fish anymore and like I stated did I say I was getting tank mates no I asked about which ones when I get a bigger tank did I state I was keeping the oscars in a 80g for ever no

Ooooh- am I the only one who paid Attention to the OP's REAL question?

Who ever called you dumb or cruel is out of line. Most here are trying to help you understand your tank is too small for your stock.

How many more ways can one say 'I want suggestions for when I upgrade'?! You may not have called the OP dumb or cruel but the Insinuation was most likely because of the quickness to jump down the throat of anyone that was objective in responding having read that the OP planned to upgrade

I never called you names i stay away from personal attacks as this serves no purpose.

Don't misinterpret my position I said keeping that many tank mates in a 80g was cruel but only if it's long term

Most of my disagreement was with Aqua who is always incomplete or assumes too much I asked a couple of questions but this thread went off subject for a while

By saying I assume too much and am always incomplete without even getting the whole story from the OP or understanding the true question you made it worse than personal attacks, you hijacked a thread just to prove you're the guru of the fish world and I should cower because of your ethereal aquarium knowledge. You've heard what happens to you and me when you assume?

Is there en echo in here yes I realize it's over stocked not like I can just go buy a 300g tank with out clearing it with my landlord as I'm in an apartment second floor let them a message and if I can't my lease is up in a few months anyways so rent a house get bigger tank all good

Good deal!! You're gonna love having a 300g!! Only thing is- it's gonna be one heavy and awkward ordeal to get it positioned, lol. Keep on building your tank ideas and thanks for proving my point for me... I wanted to see if the general consensus would change when you mentioned, once again, you planned on a 300g for an upgrade, apparently not, though, I'm still 'cruel' and 'ignorant' and 'incomplete' and 'wrong' and 'incoherent'. Lol, at least I know how to read

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

300 gallon will do for your current stock. As for listening to "experts" on maintaining your aquarium now.... the info they gave you shows how un-expert they are. No amount of water changes will hurt your benificial bacteria period. Anyone who says other wise has no understanding of how it works. Unless you use chlorinated water and don't treat properly which will kill your entire cycle. The recommended water changes of 25% are not enough. Again any one that tells you this is enough with 2 oscars and 2 plecos in 80 gallons doesn't know what they are talking about. The info they have you on filter maintenance is too much, again they don't know what they are talking about. My FX5 gets opened 2-3 times a year. That's all that is required and it is never that dirty when opened. If your getting that much debris in your filters your doing something wrong. I know it's hard to listen to so much different info being given to you, but that LFS info is the worst I've heard yet for your situation. By the time your fish are grown out a bit in that tank before you get your big tank you'll be doing 75% water changes daily, maybe every 2 days to keep nitrates below 20ppm(safe level). I would suggest you read up on the nitrogen cycle of an aquarium as it is very apparent from your responses that you do not have a firm grasp of it. And it is the life blood of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom