Tim's 29gal Biocube Reef / Angler Fish tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found one Chromis dead this morning - no marks on him. The other was eating pods off the glass and rock like crazy, so I tossed in a tiny bit of flake and he ate it and spit it back out! Who knew I bought a mandarin Chromis!?!

Anyway, even at 1", I still think the Chromis is too big for the angler to eat for now. The Chromis is about the same length, but double the size of angler body-wise. We'll see though.

Here is a pick or two of the Chromis, and you can compare it to the earlier pic of the angler sitting on frag rack.

Attachments

• image-2184858341.jpg
    image-2184858341.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1106508665.jpg
    image-1106508665.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 126
I've got some tricks up my sleeve ;)

Tomorrow I'll have my findings. I've got a good amount of information to go with. We're still in good shape. :)

TLTGF said:
I've got some tricks up my sleeve ;)

Tomorrow I'll have my findings. I've got a good amount of information to go with. We're still in good shape. :)

Cool. Another suggestion is a clown goby :)

Are you gonna eventually try silversides? I've seen people put one on a stick and wiggle it by the anglers lure and he smoked it!

For sure - silversides is where it's at. My plan is to do a "net trick" in which I scoop up some brine and he eats a bunch out of the net. That's first just so I know he's eaten.

Then I'm going to wait till Friday, after he's nice and hungry and try a variety of frozen options: Table shrimp piece, silverside piece, a portion of a cube food like trigger or shark formula.

I've got some nice options for feeding from here:

LionfishLair.com - Library

Why not try peppermint shrimp

Missed this one! Some people do use pepperments as a source.

Apparently a shrimp diet is bad for SW fish, and should only be used as a small percentage of the total diet.

They get some Vitamin A deficiency or somthing like that. Also foods high in thiamiese or something or other, are also bad if used as a high % of the diet.

TLTGF said:
If you really do get one, we are seriously starting an Angler club! LOL (y)

Yeah I am so going to get it but I called at it did sell but they are going to order me one it will be 2 inches and cost me 189 for it and I will put it in my refuge for now..... Also I use selcon in my tank and it seems to help a lot

rob_mango said:
Yeah I am so going to get it but I called at it did sell but they are going to order me one it will be 2 inches and cost me 189 for it and I will put it in my refuge for now..... Also I use selcon in my tank and it seems to help a lot

You live in phoenix? I know a guy that has got two yellow anglers for sell. He sells coral and fish out of his home in queen creek. PM me if you want his number

rob_mango said:

Blue zoo aquatics has them for $99. Much cheaper. You can also get coral from them too since they've got great prices and free ship on orders over $140

I am SOOOOOO happy with this fish. I spend more time watching him sit still, then i do watching my full reef! He is so awesome jigging his lure and shaking it. Him and the Chromis are friends now, lol. I watched him lure in a big isopod and snag it up, so I fed more brine. He ate (4) while I watched and the Chromis ate like 8 more. Couple left in the tank - somebody will get 'em. I'm gonna wait till Friday and work on switching to frozen.

I had never heard of this fish until your thread and I youtubed. They are awesome! Could I have one in a 14gallon biocube, I have one I'm not using...

Back
Top Bottom