Tim's 29gal Biocube Reef / Angler Fish tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that sucks I know how it is to get something new and then have to go to work and you want to keep an eye on. It

I have wanted one since I was planning my tank. Unfortunately I can only have one tank, and being new to the hobby I wouldn't want this in my only tank but may change my mind later. We got a black one, tan one, and a leopard colored one at the local LFS last week. I almost got one to put in my empty sump! For only $15 I had to twist my arm not too. I didn't I'd be doing the fish justice.

Anyways, congratulations on finally getting the one you liked! I've been following since the beginning and have watched as others have snatched up your fish as the show up online. I'll still be following since I can't keep one of these for myself.

Just got home and kicked on the night lights and.... He was looking fantastic sitting up perched on a nice piece of rock under the frag rack side. ;)

PhotoE, I live vicariously through many on here. I live in an apt for now, so big tanks are out. I'm glad you've come along for the trip!

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the LFS to grab me some tiny ghosts, if they have them, and some brine shrimp.

Question: the feeding stick - something I purchase, or DIY? If buy, where?

Thanks everyone!

TLTGF said:
Just got home and kicked on the night lights and.... He was looking fantastic sitting up perched on a nice piece of rock under the frag rack side. ;)

PhotoE, I live vicariously through many on here. I live in an apt for now, so big tanks are out. I'm glad you've come along for the trip!

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the LFS to grab me some tiny ghosts, if they have them, and some brine shrimp.

Question: the feeding stick - something I purchase, or DIY? If buy, where?

Thanks everyone!

I am glad he is doing well :). I don't know for sure, but I would guess that you might be able to buy a feeding stick at your LFS. See if you can find one there tomorrow. ;)

I think you can just use a straw
yep,,cut the tip of it in a v shape(y)

Also ,be aware that the ghosts are FW and will only live a few hours..I gave up on them after they kept dying ..He probably won't eat instantly just yet..That doesn't mean he's not hungry just not comfortable ..(at least both mine acted this way)
This is why i switched to chromis,,they will live and give him the option to strike at night ...you can try the stick(straw) too but he probably won't be interested yet.,but at least introduce it so he gets the idea .

Good luck,have fun and enjoy these fast growing awesome little guys.

I am so jealous TLTGF!! Awesome angler!!

Would these guys get along with eels once they are bigger?

I went to LFS today and got 5 ghosts and a bag of 1000000000000 brine for $2.00 :)

Input in the shrimp and they went to the opposite side of the tank. I cut the tip of a pipette and sucked up about 20 brine and added those as well. When he saw the pipette tip, he started shaking his lure/ knob, and walked towards it. The shrimp escaped too fast for him though he did strike a couple times. In the 5 minutes I watched he didn't get one yet, but I have faith.

He loves hanging upside down from a rock in the tank. That's where he was when I fed him. :)

Took 10 full minutes to find this little guy this morning... Then he moved and I caught a pic. Now to me, it looks like he has a full belly, no?

I found 4/5 ghosts stuck to filter intake dead. All brine were nowhere to be found...

Beautiful fish Tim, seems like its going well for you. That's definitely a fish worthy of a specific set-up! Wanted one for years, and seeing him makes me want one even more. Best of luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom