TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And im out.. sorry tiger. You can blow.out my thread in the next couple weeks;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahahha.. dude.. she's pure evil... I'd elaborate but you'd all.think I'm crazy. My 1 year old male cacatoides must have looked pretty spectacular after sparking 2 spawns in a 2 days.. cat had to have him.. she knew I was gone.. she's always hated the tanks.. oh no.. taking about my cat not my girl...

THIS! Must be why they insist on sleeping all day

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I have tears rolling out my eyes.
And two cats that RULE my 5 dogs!
Everyone drinks out of open top tanks(I got a few).
Both cat and dog are jealous of fish with out a doubt!
Thanks for being such a good sport TT!

Today's test results:
Ammo-0ppm
Nitrite-.25ppm
Nitrate-5-10ppm
Could it actually be almost complete?!?! What What..

sit in silence...

Sorry if I missed this, did you seed the filter?

Yes sir,I had an abundance of bio-media in the 20L..
Dealing with a little melt in the monte carlo but its expected seeing how it was a tissue culture...
Also a little die off from the dhg belem(also expected),new healthy growth should be on the horizon for both new carpeting plants..
The stems are showing promise with better color..

sit in silence...

Also thinking that once the cycle is complete I'll be switching from pps to ei..
Good idea or BAD idea?!?!

sit in silence...

We shall see...normally I use straight ammonia for the cycle but this go around I've been using the Brightwell products along with seeded media...didnt really see a huge nitrite spike though(max 4ppm),couple more days will tell!
Whatchu people think about ember tetras for the shoal?

sit in silence...

I switched to ei and I like it. I can see a difference, but on the other hand I've been keeping up it maintenance too. Lol

Seems like a good fit...I really want some cories but I'm sure sure that they'd get thumped on by a pair of gbr's...

sit in silence...

Definitely. I saw a video of a ram pair attacking a male wild discus that had its fins erect and was cycling its colors as fast as he could and was making quite a threatening display. They are brave and aggressive little fish that would bully fellow bottom dwellers to death. +1 on the embers, maybe green neons or diamond tetras would work too though.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Embers not so good with rams.. they're pretty timid, have/had thwm.with the apisto in the 30..they spent most of the time on.the opposite side. Temp thing would be my.main concern. Rummynose tetras are literally the perfect complement to a ram tank. They actually thrive at the higher temps that neons and embers will struggle in.. I've been able to keep green neons with rams at 80.5.

Embers not so good with rams.. they're pretty timid, have/had thwm.with the apisto in the 30..they spent most of the time on.the opposite side. Temp thing would be my.main concern. Rummynose tetras are literally the perfect complement to a ram tank. They actually thrive at the higher temps that neons and embers will struggle in.. I've been able to keep green neons with rams at 80.5.

I'm gonna trust Brookster on this one. He def knows more about rams than me.

I'm gonna trust Brookster on this one. He def knows more about rams than me.

Bandits the ram guy...I'm more versed in killing them than thriving them.. i do know rummynose and green neon tetras though;)

+1 for the rummynose! One of my favorites, i miss mine a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom